Minor/Repaint: Dinobot Alternators

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jaiba6, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jaiba6

jaiba6 Jazz

I have been working on these for a while to match them as much as I could from G1. So here are all the 5 dinobots.It took me a while and I finally got some good pictures on them, only that I have to edit the background with photoshop so they can look even sweeter jejeje Thanks again.

Enjoy guyssss hope you like them,

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These all look great! Making teams is fun :)  I especially like your Snarl and Slag. You've made some really good choices with these guys. Keep up the great work :thumb 

(btw, when are you going to submit some galleries? I know you've sure made enough customs to have a good body of work. I'd hate to think that you just make these things and sell em off . . . . )

3. roadblaster

roadblaster Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Love 'em!!!!!

Alternators + Dinobots = double win!!!

Any more groups on the horizon??

4. Bruticus82

Bruticus82 Well-Known Member

Fantastic job! I agree you should submit some pics to a gallery, so your work will be immortalized here in the halls of Valhalla! Errr...I mean Radicons...yeah... ;-)

As for slag's bumper, you could always try just digitally editing your picture, seeing how you like it with the red bumper, before deciding to paint. It looks good black, but I'd be curious to see it in red.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Also, we do try to make our gallery as comprehensive as we can with everyone's work. :) 

6. StarFire_MK2

StarFire_MK2 'Till All are One! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Awesome work! What silver did you use?
    I think Slag is fine as is; any more red would be too much IMO.

7. jaiba6

jaiba6 Jazz

thanks guys for the comments and answering on one of you comments I was thinking on either startiing on the Techno bots I have not seen nobody do those in alternators so maybe I will pretty soon.

Oh and nice to here from you again Starfire, love your Thundercracker and everyone wants to steal it from me. hehehe By the way I used a dark silver metallic pearl color so it makes them look way better especially in person. take nice to hear from you again.

Oh Super Squad I do have all the custom plus I make extras to sell them off but I am on a mission to complete all autobots from G1 and I am working on Seaspray at the moment plus Cosmos so be iin the look out. I will send you some images with a bit more time I got a lot of customs hehehe laters

Laters

8. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Nicely done, they look official.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    That's quite a project, almost overly ambitious I'd say since there are so many Autobots from G1. Hopefully you'll vary your customs up in such a way that they won't simply be a headswap and a different color scheme on all of them. This is from the horse's mouth on this one, since that's much of what I enjoy doing as well. That being said, my straight Alt repaint days are well over halfway finished.

We'll certainly be glad to get your galleries when you shoot more photos for each of them (as we like to have at least 15 images total per custom). Being backlogged myself on photo galleries, I'd recommend not waiting until you have the whole run finished, but shoot them as you finish each one. It'll save you a lot of work in the end :) 

As for ol' supersquads, he's glad you took the time to capitalize his name. He'll be bragging on that one with me for a while I'm sure :lol 

10. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

I like these alot!

I had similar idea, and formula. except I wanted to use Alt mirage for Swoop. as he is skinnier.

11. Bumblebee92

Bumblebee92 Wheeljack Fan

i really like this first time ive seen somthing like this good choice in figure to

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    How's about surfing through our customs gallery then? :wink: 

13. jaiba6

jaiba6 Jazz

Thanks Guys, I did Alternator Slag also from Skids mold here is an image but I liked more the jeep I guess. Just to give me a better idea of which one looked best.
    And answering to Alphamagnus I am working on Swoop on Mirages Mold so I can decide which one to keep but on the windcharger I have te option of the blue on the chest plus to put his g1 missles where the hood is placed as a shield and its a perfect fit.

Attached Files:

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

They do look great. I would opt for decals instead of any more paint apps, but they look great as is. :thumb 

15. chaoseffect

chaoseffect Custom TF builder

Swoop rocks. Very intuitive!

16. projectlawrence

projectlawrence Well-Known Member

keep up the good work!!

17. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Those look fantastic!:thumbs2: 

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
    jaiba6, since this thread got bumped again, I'll restate that this project inspires me more on my own Dynobots (<- my spelling). Threads like this continue to make me want to get back to projects I've started, but with fresh and new ideas. As has been said, keep up the good work!

I would also like to say that it'd be nice to get some galleries from ya (and others :wink: :wink: )

19. jaiba6

jaiba6 Jazz

I may be parting with all my customs, in the near future and these dinobot alternators will be the first to go, I hope you all enjoy the images, later I will be posting an ebay auction on the ebay threads, this is hard to do and let go off. All my customs done by me and with the help of others, but I have a baby on the way and I want whats best for him, his crib, toys, stroller etc.

20. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    VERY nice job, the Swoop is my favorite