Non-TF: Dino-Riders Stryracosaurus

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jestermon, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

THis is a small plastic dinosaur from a pack I found at Kroger, also availiable at Target in the party section and Big Lots, a huge mark up at Target on the price though.

I have always loved Dino-Riders and have been throwing around custom ideas for a while now, this is not my 1st jsut the 1st one I have completed.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    so.. what'd you do? you mold all the parts in putty and paint 'em? glue pieces together and modify it all to fit the dino, then paint it? you didn't really say hehehe

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Nice. I never really saw anything of the Dino-Riders fiction aside from the minicomics in a couple of toys, but they were pretty cool. I remember having the ankylosaurus.

What did you do to get the weapons, and have you got a rider lined up for it?

4. jestermon

Double Posted, computer must have messed up.

5. jestermon

Actually I scratch built everything but the dinosaur, well obviously I used the pre-made styrene shapes, and 2 DenTek Flosser, I made a break down of the gun for you, as well as so I remember how I made it in the future.

[​IMG]

I have a horrible memory,

The paint looks much better than the photos, it is just the fact that the dino is not the best plastic in the world also it is pretty small that is why the dime is in the photo.

Oddly my paint actually sticks to these things quite well as opposed to some knockoff toys that do not paint well.

Also, I know it just sounds lazy, but I always like the dino in the rider more then the rider, I have always preffered mounts without riders, I loved the Kaadu and Kybuck from Star Wars and but definately wanted no Jar-Jars on that thing and Yoda has never ridden that again.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Cool! Must have been a pain in the butt to scratch build and paint in such a small scale!! :banghead: I don't think I could do it! (BIG HANK=big hands!! :rolleyes:  )

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Thats pretty sweet!...I like it :thumb