Dilemma

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tell_Story, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Here's my dilemma. We know that the movie line next year will be vastly improved. Even if Blackout isn't in the sequel I think Hasbro will come out with a very accurated redition that will blow the current one away. I just have a gut feeling. So now I've kind of backed off the premium line. I will probably pick up BB and that's it, well I did pick up Barricade yesterday.

Does anyone else feel the same way? I'm not into picking up two of the same figures and don't like it when I know there is something much better out there. I wasn't going to pick up any of the movie for the reason that I suspected that by the sequel Hasbro would come up with a much improved line. I'm happy with what I've picked up so far (BB Ratchet, 09 BB, Barricade), but next year is going to be HOT and worth the wait in my opinion.

You just don't even know how hot. Your going to see these things and be like, "Wow! that's a Transformer! Why didn't they do this in the first place?" Of course the answer is they didn't have all the necessary time needed, but after three years of working on this stuff, just wait!

So is anyone leaning towards waiting?

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think you're psyching yourself up a bit too much, and paving the road for a disappointment. You're saying you 'know' the TF2 figs are going to be mind-blowingly brilliant after three years of work, but for the most part they probably won't have spent any more time on these figs than they did on the first lot - they do other things as well, you know. Odds are the TF2 figs will be more advanced in some respects than the current crop, but that's pretty much inevitable; advances in technology are constant. BW toys were technically better than G1 toys, Cybertron figs are largely better than Armada ones. It's the way of the world.

But if you didn't buy anything because you thought there'd be a better one along in a couple of years, you'd never buy anything. Are you gonna pass up the 09 figs as well because you know there's gonna be better ones for the third film?
    Surely you should never have bought your current computer? You know it'll just come down in price when the next super-awesome model comes along.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm with ramrider on this one, specially, there are lot of mold from the first movie that we won't see in the sequel, arguably, all decepticons except barricade.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Agreed with both the above posts....I really doubt we'll see many of the Decepticons from the first film as toys in the TF2 line. You never know however...stranger things have happened.

5. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    buy what you want to collect now...you can always unload it during the Ebay frenzy on TF movie figures next year when TF2 launches anyway.