Digital Toys will also sell Modified MP-5

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

For me, its fantofan.jp the whole way.
    Have ordered tons of figures from them over the years, and this time it will be no different.

2. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't abosolutely guarantee that we can replace it. We may be out, for example. Normally we don't take returns (remember, we normally eat the entire cost of the item and shipping both ways if we do), but then, normally we've never NEEDED to. I've received a number of problem reports due to factory errors that I could count on one hand, easily. I will, however, *try* to make everyone happy. Sometimes we can go back yo our suppliers and have them toss us a missign accessory or sticker sheet, for instance, since they probably already have a few parted up for just that reason.

Last semi-confirmed date I saw was March 2007. Can you provide a link to where it was stated to be May?

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

All this modified gun crap is making me want to buy a real gun and go on a shooting spree! (kidding)

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wonder how's the law in Australia. I'll probably getting MP-5 thorugh my family in Japan (if I decide to get one, need to talk to my wallet), and I most definitely don't want the customs opening the parcel and taking my toy.

5. EagleEyeJoe

EagleEyeJoe Well-Known Member

I would not make claims that US customs will not allow you to deliver on.

Given you're basically thumbing your nose right now at the other stores complying with the laws of the United States... do you really think yours will get under the radar? For the record, I'm not buying it, I don't have any interest in any online companies but I do believe in the laws of my country.

6. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would also like to know when you charage the Credit Card.

Brad

7. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Actually, he's also sought and received legal advice.

Although I don't doubt that if there are problems, it'll be a result of reports by uppity fans.

8. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It has nothing to do with "getting them under the radar" or flaunting the laws of my country. As another poster has noted, I have also sought legal advice on the matter, which essentially means I confirmed the same conclusions I was brought to with the reissues of Megatron in prior years. That conclusion is that there is NO legal problem here, and there is no reason for me to expect any kind of trouble from customs.

I had NO trouble selling both Megatron reissues, and those were pretty close to the size of a real gun, only slightly undersized. This is a fairly oversized example of the same weapon - so much so, that I actually believe it would be more like to fall under "novelty" items than "replica" items.

As for thumbing my nose, I most certainly am doing no such thing. Joel and I, for example, have a perfectly good relationship with one another. I have not at any time criticized any other shop owner for doing what they think is best and right for them and their business. In fact, I have outright stated my respect and understanding of Joel's own choice on the matter. This is the *second* US-based seller to make a choice like this. The thread was already showing signs of people being concerned that all of us would do so. While I am by no means the only US seller planning to NOT alter the toy, it would seem prudent to remind the general readers that not all of us are on the alteration bandwagon.

9. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Optimal Optimus Prime

Optimal Optimus Prime The Ultimate Prime

Digital-Toys To sell Modified MP-05

I was checking the site and it is stated that it will have a blaze orange tip to conform to the US Safety Laws.

Looks like I"m goin with Three and UP

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
  12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

MP-05 Megatron mod w/Digital-Toys.com

I preorderd a few weeks back and was informed a few days ago that Digital-Toys will modify their MP-05s with a Blaze Orange Plug at the tip of the gun not Paint which I find much simpler to remove and depending on how it put on it may not be noticable in Bot mode.

If this has already been posted I am sorry and just lock it

13. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

It seems D-T along with BBTS has lost my business on this. It's not the fact that I want to go against toy laws, but if there is a relatively easy way to get this thing unmolested, I'm going to bide my time and get that one instead.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah let me know if you charge immeadiatly or wait I would prefer Immeadiate.

15. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Has anyone ordered from fan2fan or hobby link japan? If so are they pretty easy to deal with and they do ship to the US I assume?