digital comic question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by siamese goat, Feb 9, 2012.

1. siamese goat

siamese goat Hellstomper

I am interested in going digital but I am looking for digital comics to read on my PC not my hand held devices. Old man eyes have trouble reading very small comic text on phone and Kindle. Is there any sites better than others or that you can read on PC instead of loading to phone? Mainly looking at comixology, is this a good place?

Thanks for all the help and I will not yell at you to get off my lawn after helping :) .

2. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Yep, Comixology is a good place for digital comics. Every digital issue I've bought has been through them, and I'm 100% satisfied with their service so far. You can read the comics on your regular computer as well as a phone or e-reader, so the viewing options are flexible enough to fit anyone's needs. :) 

3. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Comixology is amazing, only downside to using them on the pc is that your comics are stored on their end, so you have to be on the Internet to read the comics, not a big deal for some but a deal breaker for others. You can also use the guided view layout with their site which makes the comic be seen panel by panel so the print isn't so small

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It never bothered me (in fact, I'd never even thought about how the Comixology service worked) until I took a vacation that took me out of network. I thought I'd be able to read all the comics I'd purchased and brought with me, but nope. Not without roaming charges which is a stupid thing to have to worry about when you want to read a comic you have already paid for.

I'm done with Comixology. I can't support a business model that denies me access to my own comics.

5. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That where their mobile apps come in handy, those actually download the comics to your device, so they do provide that access, just not on the pc which makes sense considering they dont have a pc app, they have a website that you can read the comics on. How would you read the comixology comics if they were downloaded to the pc when they have no offline reader for the pc?

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Comixology on my iPhone won't even OPEN if I can't connect to the internet. So there's no way to read my comics, even if they were downloaded to my device.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's odd, mine opens no problem

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    ComicRack is the best.

9. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Comicrack is very good as well if you are downloading without paying or if you scan your own comics, there is no store to buy them from. Also to southtownkid, does the app crash or does it say cannot connect? If it crashes that's weird, if it can't connect then just select the my comics tab and you should still be able to read them.

10. siamese goat

siamese goat Hellstomper

Thanks again for all the help, I think I will go with Comixology. I will be reading online so no big deal there. I just do not have room for hard copy comics anymore and hope this allows for the enjoyment of the story with out having to store the books around the house.

11. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It Definately will, I'm a digital only comic reader for about a year now, I got sick of waiting for the tpbs, I only get a physical copy every so often, like for the botcon comics

12. macjonny

macjonny Member

As most iPad users are well aware, just because an ebook is saved in the Kindle format, it doesn’t mean you can’t read it on other devices.

13. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    You can read Kindle on Android, too.