Digital Camera recommendations...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thundercracker, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I'm in the market for an improved digital camera soon and will be shopping for something in the 300-500 dollar price range. Anyone have any recommendations for something that can take sharp pictures outdoors? My wife and I do a lot of hiking and mountain climbing so I'd like something that could take excellent pictures of landscapes-preferably one with a panoramic option as well. Any recommendations out there?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Great pics, Joe. My late grandfather was a photographer and he always used Canon so I was sort of leaning towards that brand anyway. Thanks for the recommendation.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks. I've always used either Nikon or Canon. Though I haven't kept up witht he newer Nikon's. I know the Canon G7 was super popular earlier this year. It's been rated one of the best point and shoot cameras because of it's manula features. My only gripe is that the really high ISO's give way too much grain. But I shoot no higher than 400 right now and usually at 100 or 200 anyway, so it doesn't impact me much.

5. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Canon FTW.

I've had Kodak, Fuji and Canon cameras myself, and have field-tested several models of not only those, but also Samsung and Ricoh and I consistently find that Canon has the best overall performance and results.
    Also, most of the Canon point and shoot models have a "stitch" feature that allows you to create panoramic pictures.

If you have any specific models lined up, I can give you a recommendation, but a must for any digital camera buyer is this site:
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp