Digimon (The Series)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Gatehawk, May 18, 2011.

?

Which Digimon season is your favorite?

1. Digimon Adventure

27 vote(s)
    57.4%
  2. Digimon Adventure 02

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Digimon Tamers

21 vote(s)
    44.7%
  4. Digimon Frontier

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. Digimon Data Squad

4 vote(s)
    8.5%
  6. Digimon Xros Wars

3 vote(s)
    6.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I know we all have our opinions on this show. (I for would watch it any time I get and would only watch it's "rival" Pokemon if someone chained me up to a wall, forced my eyes open and forced me to watch it.) So my question is, which season was your favorite?

In case you don't know, I'll include an example of each series below.

Digimon Adventure: First season with the Digidestined.
    Digimon Adventure 02: Second season with new digidestined along with TK and Kari.
    Digimon Tamers: Third season with Takato, Rika and Henry.
    Digimon Frontier: Fourth season with Spirit Digivolutions introduced.
    Digimon Data Squad: Fifth season with a Digimon Police kind of theme.
    Digimon Xros Wars: Sixth season, currently showing in Japan and unknown if it will be dubbed and shown in the U.S.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Adeventure, both seasons, but since Season 1 started it all, I went with that.

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Season one. It was original and fresh then. Probably worst one is Frontier. Not just because of the spirit evolutions (I didnt mind really) but the story just dragged on and on and near the end it was always just Magna Garurumon and Kaiser Greymon fighting. What a bore.

4. CharmedSerenity

CharmedSerenity Long Live the Legion

I'd have to say I enjoyed, or in Xros Wars' case am enjoying, them all in one way or the other!

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Adventure was probably my favorite. I was into Digimon until the end of Tamers, but then I just lost interest.

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In order to get the best out of Digimon, you have to watch it subbed, I really can't watch the dub after doing that, the theme music on the dub annoys me especially. Not to mention certain editing performed to hide stuff like Myotismon actually killing women!

I've not seen anything beyond Adventure two but have been told by a mate that Savers is pretty good but not to watch the dub (Data Squad) since they butchered it.

7. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I didn't really like the first series because it all felt to random to me.

Tamers really was the only Digimon series that I liked. It had the most interesting and conceptually cool characters (IMO), with the most natural flow in narritive.

To be fair, I haven't seen much if any of Digimon past Tamers.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Digimon Adventure 1 and 2 were good fun, a nice soft of skewering of Pokemon at the time.

Tamers however, is easily my favouite: a really engaging plot, likable characters (who could be unlikable at times, like people) and most of all my favourite visualisation of the 'T-rex' mon in Guilmon. Really kicks into high gear with the death of Leomon and the introduction of the D-Reaper and Juri's connection to it.

Anyone know where a guy can get the unedited DVD's?

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Digimon, digital monsters, Digimon are the champions!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I've only seen the first 4th season, but the not much of the 3rd one.

I'l hvae to rewatch but i think season 1 was best.

11. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked Adventure, only watched a few episodes of Tamers and haven't checked out any of the subsequent series.

12. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Adventure, followed closely by Adventure 02.

I went off it during Tamers, and I gave up on Xros Wars. I haven't seen any of the others.

13. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I liked Adventure and Tamers the most.
    Tamers is probably number one with me between the two for one big factor: Everyone participates.
    Adventure, 02, and Frontier all have the main 2 kids do everything from a certain point on. Frontier is the worst about it since Takuya and Koji actually use all the other Spirits to evolve (Which pissed me off since Lowemon barely ever got to do anything).
    Also, watching Kaiser Greymon and MagnaGarurumon get their asses kicked for like 10 episodes straight isn't good fun :lol 
    From what I did see of Savers/Data Squad, they were pretty good in letting more than just the main 2 characters participate as well, but I need to finish that series before I comment more on that.
    I've heard really good things about Xros Wars, but I'm probably gonna wait for it to finish so I can watch it all at once.

14. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I liked the first 3 seasons of the show, especially Tamers cause it was the most down to earth season out of them all, I liked how they made it seem like real life situations happening in every episode (real life with an added dose of a digital monster partner in your life)

The problem I saw with Data Squad was that they focused way too much attention on Marcus and Agumon.

I watch the dubs more cause I can't really read a mile a minute so trying to read the subtitles is a real test for me, the one problem I do have with the Dubs is that they tend to edit out completely unnecessary things, one example is perfectly shown in the English Dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! where they edit out the freakin cleavage of women in the show, it's almost like they don't realize that it wouldn't be the first time a kids seen it. (I know I got off topic there, but it was just for an example)

15. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Oh, and I hated Frontier.

16. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I think you already said that. The Spirit Evolution idea was a great concept, it would have been better if they didn't turn the season into a dull knife trying to cut through frozen butter, it just got really boring and dragged out.

17. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tamers by far.

Adventure 02 is probably the worst. Just awful writing and characters throught the whole thing.

18. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Nah, rereading my post, I just said that Frontier was the worst in terms of keeping the limelight solely on the primary 2 characters.
    I really liked the Spirit Evolution concept (Though, I admit when I first heard about it, I hated it :lol ). But then they went retarded on me. They decided that only Koji and Takuya could merge their 2 armors, and then they decided that only Koji and Takuya could take 10 armors each and evolve again, with the other 4 children's only purpose being screaming "X into Y!" (Where X is their power and Y being either Fire or Light) and reaction shots. They spent a good chunk of time on Koji's brother with the Duskmon and Darkness armors, and I liked that. Koichi was an interesting character, but they hardly let him do anything, participating only in like what, 3 fights?

I didn't like 02 either! =D
    None of the characters were interesting, only one design was cool (Stingmon), and it just made so little sense.

19. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

If I were to list it I would go:
    1) Tamers
    2) Adventure
    3) Adventure 02
    4) Data Squad
    5) Frontier
    6) Xros Wars

The only reason Xros Wars is where it is on the list is that I haven't seen it enough to have a real good opinion on it.

20. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

I would have to disagree with you on that, it was far better than Frontier and Data Squad. Mostly cause, unlike those two seasons I named, it hadn't started trolling itself 15 episodes in.

Each season has it's critical concept or idea that made it awesome. Adventure didn't need one because it was the first season. Adventure 02 had Armor Digivolution and DNA Digivolution. Tamers had the Digi-Cards and Bio-Merge Digivolution. Frontier had the Spirit Evolution. Data Squad had those Burst Modes. And Xros Wars has the Digi-Xros.