Digimon Data Squad

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by gabumon, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone watching this? is it good? I really enjoyed Seasons 2 and 3 and was wondering if this is up to par.

Thanks

2. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I watched the fansub and enjoyed it. No idea about the localised dub though.

It's a LOT different in tone from the previous series, with a very hot-blooded lead male. Communication through fists is very prevalent. Considering the male lead needs to punch someone in every episode (It's the only way his Agumon can digivolve), it can be amusing.

"If only we could hit each other with fists, I'm sure we'd understand each other!"

3. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Iye, iye iye! Thanks for the scoop. If it's all about punching people, it sounds like I'll unfortunately pass, (I really wanted this one to be good!) :sly: 

4. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The sub is great! Best series since season 1 I think. The dub SUCKS. It's not all about punching people, when he punches his emotions are released, thus releasing his DigiSoul, when you use your digisoul on the digivice it enables the digimon to digivolve.

5. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

I watched all of the sub, and it was great.
    I stopped watching the dub after ep 3 - it was just too painful

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    P.S. buy all the merchandise! :D 

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Seasons 1 and 3 were the best (Renamon FTW). Season 2 was alright. After Season 3 though...eh not so much. Don't really like the turn the franchise took with this one.

8. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Same here (though I did enjoy Season II for a while, but then, it kinda went downhill. Not as cool as Season One and the relationships of the new Digidestined, including Takeru [T.K.] and [Hi]Kari, really weren't as dynamic and believable. They just weren't really great friends, if you get what I'm saying), I watched the first three seasons (Digimon Adventure was and still is my all time favorite), but I never really got the chance to see Digimon Tamers entirely.

Their digiworld arc really wasn't going anywhere and by the time they did start doing something again, they dragged it out far too much and I got bored. After that, FOX KIDS died and Digimon Seasons 4 and 5 on UPN and then ToonDisney did too much of an 180 on me and the characters (Human and Digimon Alike) really didn't do it for me. So, no, I don't watch Digimon Delta Squad/Savers.