Digibash: digibash (sort of) Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Oric, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had never heard the term digibash until rescently when I joined here, but as a community member of Vampire Freaks I do alot of custom signatures, this was one I created through my production alias 'Razadan' for the upcoming movie.

The signature is not completed but the prime on the right hand side is a digital alteration from one of the more famous fan-made CGI Transformations for Optimus Prime being shown on youtube.

In it I made three layers through photoshop, removing the areas that were originally white (now red) from the original model. I preffer using variations through photoshop as you can create more authentic looking metals and backgrounds. windshield wipers, gas tank labels and almost anything that could be removed from the red design was including the windows and step.

The third layer made the white strip that were originally blue from the CGI render.

I used the contrast tool and again variations giving the white a slightly blue tint so as not to eliminate the shine altogether.

I didn't have an outstanding pic for the movie prime on the left, so for now he is simply a layer with a transparency effect to try as best I could match the tones of both primes.

The lettering for 'Razadan' uses a common transformers font with tourqoiz lettering, using the blending properties to create a slight gradient, satin and embossed filters.

And finally the 'half' original style Logo was made by taking a movie poster scan, using the magic eraser to eliminate all the black around the logo, using 50% transparency, I created a layer per piece of a 'little better than half' of the logo, using the straight line polygonal tool and filling thos pieces in black. I then removed the original. Merged all 'visable' in the layers category, did a cutout at half or very near half of what the logo would be, made two copies via layer (right click) deleted the original once more, used free transform on one, flipped horizontally, pieced together a symetrical design, made a second copy; each one carrying different blending properties and gradients with 50 % transparencies and finally merged those as well, creating a black background for the final picture and using half of that to overlap an original movie poster logo.

Oh I did forget to mention, for a nice touch, I added a bit of cartoony smudge shadows in certain areas of the logo to create a more authentic look.

I would have used the original logo from the old transformers but the scales for the various pieces of the autobot logo do not entirely match up.

[​IMG]

Hope you guys like.

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool, and welcome to the boards. Oric Von Lictonshtine, lol. One of my favorite movies.

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to the borads, and nice sig.

4. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    lol actually I loved that movie too but his name was Ulrich.

Oric is taken from a novel I have been writing casually for several years now about a living demon, using judeo-christian mythologies as a base rather than roman-greek ones. It is also a slightly modified anagram of the word 'choir' a slight play on a biblical figure 'Legion' used in countless media today (most rescently I remember seeing the reference in 'Ghost Rider' for a scene depicting a demon.) My most common name on the internet is 'Raz' but it appeared to have been taken for these forums.

Thank you for the welcome and I am glad you guys like it!

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    eh, I've never seen it spelled out, lol. Both sound the same to me when said.

6. Oric

Oric Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    oh i know itp, i constantly do that with names