2D Artwork: Digibash (sort of): Animated DoubleDealer

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Razorrider, May 17, 2008.

1. Razorrider

Razorrider Well-Known Member

In a way, Blitzwing and Double dealer are alike, theyre both TripleChangers and can transform into either an aerial or ground based form. I got the original from google searching Animated Blitzwing and found on another forum (not sure if Im allowed to mention it or show the link so I'll give credit to whoever did it who ever that is). The head (which is so unlike the original DoubleDealer) was taken from a concept drawing of Cybertron Downshift found here http://www.bigbot.com/transformers-cybertron/cyber-planet-key-codes.shtml

[​IMG]

If this post is against the rules, I'm sorry and admins may delete it if need be. Just putting an idea across.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That can work.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Thats a cool take on the character

4. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    As a huge Doubledealer fan, I like that very much. Nice work. I think he'd be more identifiable if you could work in his missile and or knok and skar.

5. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    That is awsome!

6. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    you should go the whole way with it!!! replacing the gun turrets with a missile wouldn't be hard, and wouldn't take too much work to change te jet into the bird either

7. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

For me it's not different enough from Blitzwing to be Doubledealer. The plane mode could look a little more like the bird form of the original toy. Plus if he had a huge missile, that'd rock.

Realize I'm not criticizing, just making a suggestion or two. I like the color scheme and the head.

8. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

It's not bad, but the original Doubledealer was distinguished by more than having one flight and one non-flight mode (as all the Triple Changers did). He had a beast mode, and to separate him further conceptually from the Horrorcons, his vehicle mode wasn't his flight mode. Plus there's the whole dual-option Powermaster-with-two-sidekicks thing.

It might work as a Blitzwing remold, though, with the plane taking on more birdlike aspects (feathered wing texture, extra wing joints, 'bird-neck' Jetstorm cockpit) and perhaps the addition of a pair of Minicons. Use some of the triple-changing ones and they could be weapon pods slung under the wings or sitting on top of the turret. In robot mode, they could be handheld or attach to the sides of the shoulders.

As a (possibly related) aside, has anyone else noticed that triplechangers with beast modes seem to spend an awful lot of time in those modes in assorted media, rather than in robot mode? I wonder if it's simply easier for the artist to distinguish the characters in a scene when some aren't humanoid, or whether the beast modes are supposed to show more of the 'personality' of a character. Or maybe it's to emphasize their nonhuman, 'wild' aspects, especially with Decepticons.

9. Razorrider

Razorrider Well-Known Member

Thanks ^^ I was thinking that this is DoubleDealer before he met Knok and Skar and before he chose his alternate modes on Earth