Digibash: Digibash request: Thunderblast as G1 Scourge and Override as Elita One

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by VectorPrime404, Mar 1, 2010.

1. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

For Botcon '09 they redecoed Cybertron Sideways (and gave him a new head) for Timelines Scourge. I don't think Sideways was the best choice. Thunderblast, or at least her boat shell, would have been infinitely better. Maybe use Energon Sharkticon's body with TB's shell. But come on. Thunderblast's boat-hull "wings" give her a strong resemblance to G1 Scourge and his Sweeps. Not only that, but G1 Scourge's altmode was very boat-like. And while TB's robot mode main body is unquestionably feminine, since she's a shellformer switching it with a more masculine body of similar size would be a fairly easy task. Just add Scourge's head, and you're done. And for BotCon Elita they should totally have put Thunderblast's head on Override's body. Override is rather feminine if broad-shouldered (The cockpit gives her a monoboob like Arcee and the Female Autobots, and just look at those legs. And her animation model is more slender, so...), and her car mode is closest to the little that is seen of Elita's car mode. The icing on the cake is they considered Override Elita-like enough to repurpose her GTS repaint as Shattered Glass Elita One.

Attached Files:

2. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    I think thunderblast is too feminine to be scourge

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

"And while TB's robot mode main body is unquestionably feminine, since she's a shellformer switching it with a more masculine body of similar size would be a fairly easy task." :rolleyes: 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the Nitro Convoy mold has always been too masculine for a fembot :lol  And, yes, I don't care that "Override" was a fembot in TF: Cybertron.

Doubly agreed on Thunderblast being too feminine for Scourge as well.

Sorry, I really don't mean to rain on your parade here :) 

5. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I like the idea of seeing a gender swap Scourge - at the very least, she could be imagined as a sort of mutant Sweep with a personality of her own...

Attached Files:

6. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

DID ANY OF YOU READ THIS PART?
    "And while TB's robot mode main body is unquestionably feminine, since she's a shellformer switching it with a more masculine body of similar size would be a fairly easy task." And then, pop on Scourge's head. To Superquad7, take a really good look at Override's legs. And the cockpit chest.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toy manufacturing doesn't work that way.

And Thunderblast's shell is smaller than Sharkticon, anyways.

Just remolding Sharkticon would've been a better choice, though.

8. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Perhaps. But I only said maybe Energon Sharkticon. What about a Scrapmetal? And this is a digibash request.

9. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    None of those toy proportions would work physically in real life. The Thunderblast toy is designed to be what it is, and the others are designed to be what they are.

Yeah, digibashed mock-ups are something else entirely, but you can't have expected them to produce the actual toys as you describe.

Also, Thunderblast's head is tiny (her head and body are the exact same size as Energon Scout Arcee's. She's just a lot leggier, putting her at a short Deluxe height), and would've looked ridiculously proportioned on Override's shoulders. The Thunderblast mold was likely chosen because her weird helmet design vaguely resembles Elita-1's, in addition to being feminine. Beyond that, you couldn't hope for more without an actual remold.

10. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Well, for an actual retail Scourge I would expect an all-new mold, as was done for Cyclonus.

11. coinilius

You know, the Energon Sharkticon mold makes for a pretty good Scourge by itself, with a new head and some remolding to remove the various 'fins' - there have been a few customs that have already been done of this.

A new mold retail Scourge would be great to see, although there is always the Titanium mold for a quick fix if you want someone to display alongside Universe Cyclonus and Galvatron.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That's what Kitbashing is for.

13. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Okay, so I was wrong about TB's boat shell being useable. But I have seen her described as looking like "the lovechild of Elita-One and Scourge".

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    That was more a response to the OP's assertion that it could've been done for BotCon. That's a big fat no.

What we can cook up on our own is an entirely different story, although there are still limitations.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That doesn't matter to me. The toy was designed to be a "masculine" design, and that's simply what I see. I didn't like that Cartoon Network chose to make the character feminine. That's the end of it for me.

16. coinilius

But this is kitbashing, Supersquad - a talented person could probably make something more female looking using the Override mold as a base if they were interested.

17. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Where is the Digibash? I thought for sure this was a Digibash request. I was looking foward to seeing how they'd turn out.

18. coinilius

I did a very quick digibash of Thunderblast into Scourge (or at least, a female Sweep) which I attached to a post on page 1...

[​IMG]

19. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Ah, forget it.