Fan Art: Digibash questions

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Edgewise, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I've just done my first digibash: "Transmetal" Headstrong, but there's at least one thing I haven't figured out: How can you change black/white/gray to a color?

I can change black/white/gray among each other, can change colors to other colors and can gray scale color, but I don't know how to change gray scale to an "RGB" color.... any tips? Thanks

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    well... for black, make a new layer, and set it from Normal to Hard Light and color in the new layer with what ever color

for greys and whites, make a new layer from normal to mutliply

they dont come out perfect, some brightness and contrast settings need to be adjusted to make it look seemless.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The easiest way to do so is to select the area you want to change. In this case we'll use black. Once selected, there are a coupel of ways to do so. The easiest way is to open Levels (CTRL+L) and move the center slider to the left until you have the mid-tones of the black a nice mid gray. The you can add color easily using your preferred method. If the mid-tones of the black are too deep. Then you can use the Hue/Saturation adjuster (CTRL+U) and pull the Lightness slider to the right just a bit to lighten the whole thing. Don't pull it too much or you will lose the integrety of the shadows.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, I'll have to give it a try!