Digibash: Digibash: G1 Warpath from Leader Brawl- Opinions?

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by catch22, Sep 16, 2007.

1. catch22

catch22 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

I did this as a digibash in Raven's thread, but I'm reposting it here so as to not derail that one. It was pointed out to me that the body I used in that pic is a Deluxe Brawl, not a Leader, though I don't know what the differences are as I don't have either.

Does this look like a worthwhile project?

edit: ZAP!

edit 2: BOW!

edit 3: I adjusted the color so that he's more red and less orange...ZOWIE!

Attached Files:

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Do it.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    If you plan to use the Leader Brawl mold, I'm going to suggest that you wait and use the Desert Camo version, as that'll be easier to get a nice red out of.

4. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    this should be awesome if it takes flight.
    Yeah, go for it!

5. catch22

Ebay:
    If I do this, I'd like to a Deluxe version first. Unfortunately Deluxe Brawls...ANY deluxes, in fact...are impossible to find. There's a lot of Leader Brawls, but I'd like to do a smaller scale version first. If it looks good, I'll do a big one.

I was looking through my junk pile, and I came across a head that looks perfect! I took the crest off and painted the mouthguard red and come out with this:
    [​IMG]

Best pic I could take of something so small. It's about the same size as an 09 BB head, maybe just slightly larger. I have an extra one if you'd like it for yours Raven (you're doing a deluxe size one, right?). Can you put something that small in a regular envelope? If so, consider it free.

6. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Hey catch22 would you think of using the smaller Brawl??? (Can't think of the name of it offhand) It's the smaller version of Brawl the transforms easier that would be the perfect scale for Warpath....:D 

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    That would be really nice of you. I'd gladly except it, and from what I know, it should definetly fit inside a regular evelope. I'll pm you further, so not to derail this thread. Scale was another reason that I decided to go with the Deluxe Brawl instead of the Leader. This way he could be the smaller/weaker tank of the two (price was the main reason though, lol).

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Just to answer the pseudo question in your topic post about the difference between deluxe and leader Brawl..well there is a HUGE difference between them (aside from size and inclusion of electronics and such). Things like the weaponry (in the leader figure the main turret goes to his side and not his arm, his claw has a minigun attached, he has a 4 barreled gun on his other arm), general transformation (it's similar, but with a few differences), he also has a plow in between the two mine sweepers on his front.

Anyways, I'd say go for it..and as Raven suggested go for the Desert Leader if you plan to use that mold.

9. catch22

Ebay:
    Haven't seen any of the Desert Camo ones yet, though perhaps that's because they aren't out yet?

I made a run to Walmart right before they closed (no 24 hour Walmart 'round these parts) and alas, they only had OP Helmets and the OP statues. LAME. It's ironic I can't find a toy that was a shelf-warmer only but a month ago.

10. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

That's an interesting idea! I can't wait to see the finished product.

11. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

This looks SO MUCH BETTER than I thought it would. I mean, the thought occurred to me, and I discarded it. But this digibash has totally changed my mind. Nice.

I'm doin' it! :) 

zmog

12. Sound Blaster

Sound Blaster Shattered Glass World

Hey here it is:

[​IMG]

13. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Ironically the FAB Brawl is bigger than the deluxe...so the deluxe version would be the smaller one, despite the simplified transformation.