Digibash: Digibash Classics 2 pack Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Cheebs, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This Classics two-pack Prime is begging for a 'bash.

Here's Prime as-is:

[​IMG]

Here's what I'm sure I can do to him:

*Collapse the legs
    *Paint the window rims
    *Tint the glass
    *Chrome the Bumper
    *Continue the gray stripe to the back of the cab
    *Paint around the headlights
    *Cover the head

[​IMG]

Here's what I'll try if I'm feeling frisky:
    *Expand the windows to a more realistic truck size

[​IMG]

And I don't know if I can do this or not (won't know 'til the toy's in-hand) but if I were able to move those fenders in:

[​IMG]

2. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Those fenders most likely already push in.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I hope so, but now we've seen out-of package photos from two different people and neither have them pushed in...so I doubt they do.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Your digibash is really nice, and a definite improvement.... but man, I can't get over the sheer awfulness of that original mold.

5. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's the longest of the long shots: The best I think this mold could be....again if the improvements are even possible. This change pushes the arms in towards the center more to be flush with the top of the cab.

[​IMG]

and just to see the unaltered side-by-side:

[​IMG]

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, yours looks better.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    NICE! We haven't even gotten the toy in our hands, and you're already digibashing. I can't wait for the actual kitbash. Awesome work.

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Here's stretching it even farther: Lengthening the arms and pushing the grill forward.

I know I can do this, but I have to digibash the 'bot to see if slightly lengthened arms will make him a monkey. If it does make him a monkey, I can always put the extension on a swivel to flip back onto the back of his forearms right by his hands.

As for pushing out the grill farther frontwards, to prevent a robo-beer belly I will attach a swivel joint up near the bottom of his pecks so the top of the grill stays forward in bot mode but the bottom swivels in towards his body to "suck in" the stomach.

Anyway, here's what it makes the truck look like:

[​IMG]

Oh, and looking at some of the pics that surfaced, I'm confident the fenders can be made to push in.

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the legs may already collapse. It seems that way, from some of the very few back shots of the robot. The lower legs appear to be hollow and the knees seem to be mounted into a pieces that are not directly part of the lower legs.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't. Kyde, a proven Hasbro insider who posts at the Allspark has stated as such, and is his main complaint about the mold.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah Cheebs, I'd love to see this done. When you get one, go for it! Hopefully, you'll figure out an easy way to do those mods so we can all then (and only then) be compelled to buy the pack and just sent it to you for mods :thumb  Haha!

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Lol, now I'm just addicted to Digibashing this guy.

Wheels sized correctly and everything doctored to high-heaven.

[​IMG]

13. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Looks cool, but I am not too keen on the black around the windows. If the black area wasn't as thick maybe it would look better, but as it is now it looks like this semi has been punched in the face.

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've been working on making this digi-bash a reality, but since I don't have pics yet I figured I'd dig this thread back up instead of starting a new one.

So far what I have done:

Yes, the fenders can be altered to push in. I pulled the pins out (a real pain to do BTW), cut away the plastic that needed to be cut away, and made the pin holes into pin "slots". They slide in and out just fine now.

I've also started building "more" to the front of the truck. For anybody that has the toy, the cab just isn't long enough. The arms, fenders, grill, and bumper just don't extend nearly far forward enough in comparison with the front windows.

The grill was easy to take care of. I simply killed the "spin like a top" gimmick and attached the grill to the black bar that used to make the top spin (I had to extend the bar a bit to reach). Now I just pull the bar back to suck the grill in for 'bot mode and push the bar in to extend the grill for truck mode.

For now the front bumper is cut off. I will add a spacer to make it stick forward the correct amount and then glue/screw it back on.

This will leave a gap between the ends of the arms and fenders and the grill/bumper since the arms and fenders don't reach forward far enough.

The fenders will be easy to extend. I'll just glue on styrene in the correct size/shape to extend the end. The arms are a different story. I can't extend the arms forward because then Prime will have long gorrilla arms in 'bot mode. My plan is to create new front truck pannels where the headlights go (the parts to the left and right of the truck grill) separate from the arms. These panels will be permanently attached to the front bumper so they will remain as back kibble along with the bumper in 'bot mode. The panels with be "L" shaped to reach back to the arms on the side of the truck and fill in that gap.

Once I'm done all that it will be on to collapsing the legs and replacing the wheels with bigger ones. I'll get this bad boy looking like a truck...