Customs: Digbash: Alt Smokescreen Head on Classics Body

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Beemer, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

Hi everyone! I was looking at the Henkei Smokescreen today and lamenting the fact that the head doesn't look as cool as the one on Binaltech Smokescreen. I really thought Alt/Binaltech did justice to the character's G1 look with the helmet molding, which also helped to distinguish Smokescreen from Silverstreak and Prowl.

I was wondering if anyone had ever attempted to shrink down and remold the Alternators Smokescreen head for use on the classics/henkei body, and what the possible difficulties of such a maneuver might be.

I put together a quick digibash just to help illustrate what I was considering.

[​IMG]

2. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

Sorry... is this in the wrong place? Maybe it should have been posted in fan art, I see a lot of digibashes there.

Seriously... 30 views and no replies? Are you guys just being shy or are you all promptly stealing my great idea? ;P

3. Napjr

Napjr <b><font color=gold>Mr. Internet</font><br><font c Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, i dont recall anyone trying to cast smaller versions of Alt Heads

Im pretty sure with some epoxy or even styrene, you could mod the existing head without major issues :) 

4. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe the silence says it all... I figured one of the experts around here who recasts heads all the time would jump at the change, but then I realized that making a scaled-down version is probably out of the scope of ability of your average garage mold maker. Is there a way to make a cast out of some shrinky-dink like material which shrinks as it dries so you end up with a scaled-down recast?

You know, like "some organizations" are attempting to do with "some toys" that resemble a Walther P-38? :p