Difficult Transformations

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave47, Nov 23, 2006.

1. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I just wanted to know what is the most difficult transformation for you to
    get down?
    for me it's cyb. soundwave

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Alternators Grimlock, Prowl, and Skids. The transformations themselves arent hard, but I always have a hard time remembering what direction their arms face when putting them back in vehicle mode. Getting them in robot mode, on the other hand, is pretty easy

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yeah. A lot of Alts are HARD. Grimlock, Op, Wheeljack, Shockwave, and Jazz have been the worst for me so far.

4. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

The most frustrating alt for me is the Subaru mold (Smokescreen, Bluestreak). It's close to impossible to get those legs right, and the car always has a seam where the back meets the front. I've got the Mustang arms down now, and the rest isn't too hard. The Mazda (Shockwave/Jazz) is one of the easier ones IMHO.

All-time, the biggest pain to transform in my opinion was G1 Omega Supreme. It's like taking a sledge hammer to a figure and then piecing him back together into a robot/space station.

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    Under-3 Lion.

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Op is hard for me, but not necessarily because I cant figure it out. Rather, his legs are very difficult to pull out, and even harder to shove back in. And lining up his whole front assembly is an exercise in futility. Nemesis seems to be much easier to manage, but as a consequence his joints are looser

Cryotek was hard when I first got him (first Transformer I got that was non-G1)

BW Megatron was fairly tricky

I think BW2 Galvatron was hard, but to be honest I dont transform him enough to remember

BWN Big Convoy, the Wal-mart Dinobots... hell, all of those shell-formers are annoying

7. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

Certain Alternators seem to have odd little uneven gaps when transformerd to vehicle mode. The Mustangs are especially likey to have these.

Also, anytime a small piece of plastic needs to be pushed with excessive force to the point where it hurts my fingertips is not good.

8. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    cyb soundwave - legs are pain, and I've never been able to get them to go exactly where they are suppose to in vehicle mode

alt grimlock - (usually can't figure out the arms going to car mode) I usually just pop them off, then put them on transformed lol

cyb crosswise/smokescreen - those arms and rear quarter panel pieces with the rear wheels are always a pain getting back to car mode. Also I've never successfully transformed him from car to robot, without the rear wheel pieces popping off.

9. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Dude, I hear you. Some of those TF hands and feet are murder. The first time I ever ran into this problem was G1 Silverbolt's feet. They were so tight I literally had to pry his feet out with a flat-sided screwdriver.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alt Wheeljack. Damn thing's doors can't stay on to save its life. Never had that problem with Grimlock.

Also about half of the Dinobot molds they released during Armada. The ones from BW Neo. I've never been able to line up Slapper properly, and Triceradon and Snarl are just damn bitchy.

11. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm surprised nobody brought this one up... RiD Sideburn. Holy CRAP, I've never seen so many hanging parts and flip around components that all have to go exactly right in the right order...

Cybertron Crosswise, MP Starscream partially from his fragile parts, Alt Wheeljack... and I make that distinction, I have BT Grimlock who is actually easier to transform since his metal parts slide easier.

12. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Not really hard, but MP Starscream was really fussy.

13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Getting most alts body panels to line up correctly.

TFing Armada Unicron without detaching and reattaching his "wing" panels.

RID OMEGA F'ING PRIME!!!

14. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

I know he is really fustrating to transform ,I feel like throwing him against the wall
    because Ive never transformed him without seeing the instructions

15. Savage590

Savage590 Cybertronian Werewolf

Ebay:
    For some reason, I couldn't get Alt Prime's doors to close right the first time, took me 3 hours to figure it out. Then the next TF I first found hard was Big Convoy, turning it back into a mammoth felt like playing a 3D puzzle!

On a side note, any of you ever give a TF to someone that never played with a TF before? It's the most hilarious thing I've ever seen, I let my gf played with Unicron, and all she can do was seperate the rings and the shells!

16. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

BW TM2 Dragon Megatron. Took me forever to figure him out.

BW Neo Big Convoy -- his shell is literally a 3-D puzzle.

Actually, a LOT of the Beasts had really tough or fussy transformations, no matter the size class.

Alt. Grimlock/Wheeljack's arms are always a pain, but the Subaru mold has never been easy to line up correctly when TF'ing the legs to car mode. It's something they fixed with its follow-up, the RX-8 mold -- whose combination of ratcheting joints and snap-in seats made getting the legs back much easier.

RiD Sideburn/Speedbreaker will always be the whipping boy of shellformers, though the only really tricky part is his right arm.

-XCN-

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    LOL.

alternator prowl. his shoulders are a pain in the ass to get under his hood sometimes.

WST Megatron too. his damn arms come apart too easily.

18. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware he could be transformed without removing the shells, I always did that to transform him.

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, its Cyberton/Galaxy Force Soundwave and the RID/CR brothers. I can get confused as to how to twist the joints and far it does to.

20. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    It's possible, it just takes some thought as to how to rotate everything.

MPScream is as fiddly as all hell, especially if you've heard the horror stories and you're trying to baby him. And Alt Skids is the only TF where I've had to go back to the instructions months later to figure out the arms again.