Different Versions of Masterpiece Rodimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predakwon, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi, I'm a little behind the loop here. So are there going to be various releases for MP Rodimus? I know the US Hasbro/non-trailer one and the Japanese one. Is there a Hong Kong one with a coin and display box as well?

2. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Yup Correct on all 3 there!

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Also, I'd think it's a safe bet that now that TakaraTOMY (and Hasbro) has the money invested into the mold, that we'll get a few runs and/or incarnations of the mold. Cf: Convoy mold and the numerous releases.

4. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I'm thinking, and hoping for as well. I canceled my preorder for MP Rodimus after reading of all the issues people are having with the TakaraTomy version.
    I will buy the TRU Hasbro version. Hopefully the problems will be addressed, and it will be much cheaper. I do want the Trailer however, and if the figure does see a second run, which I feel pretty certain it will, and the needed improvements are made, then I would be interested in that too.

5. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    after reading all of the crazy reveiws and opinions on here i was so nervous about getting rodimus..he came last night..no broken parts,no qc issues,transformed him perfectly fine,from hot rod,to rodimus ,and to the rodimus prime trailer and back..and he rolls on all 4 wheels not once but twice.no scraping on the spoiler nothing .he is truly a masterpiece and a marvel of engineering and design..do be afraid to pick him up..trust me hes fucking awesome.just take your time with him..

6. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone know when the Hong Kong version will be released? I'd rather get the one with the coin.

7. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'm hoping the later run's will have better QC then what we've seen so far. I'm still on the fence of weather or not to proceed with my order at BBTS.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Already out, released the same time as the Japanese version. Robot Kingdom and TFSource got their stock from Hong Kong, so you can get those freebies from them, apparently. Import sites like HLJ, Hobby Search, or Amiami are Japan-based, so no freebies. No clue on ToyArena or BBTS.

"Hong Kong Version" is misleading. There's nothing different about the toy and the presentation itself. Same figure, same box, everything. It's just that for the Hong Kong release, the retailers gave away a bunch of freebies with it.

This isn't like Soul of Chogokin Dancouga, where the HK release was anime-accurate grey instead of black, or CMs Corp's Star Gaogaigar 2.0, that had metallic paint instead of chrome.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got mine today from edbomber and from what I can tell, i've got no QC problems. The only problem i'm having is with the Transformation...

It's hard to admit this but RODIMUS IS HARD AS HELL. HOLY SHIT its annoying lol! I think i've got the basic leg transformation down but I just can't get any of his wheels on the ground :lol .

Just a word of caution, I can see how people are busting those leg panels off. The legs require some force to push into position and those panels are not designed to take that kind of stress. Don't push on them!

10. pilonog

pilonog Active Member

My MP Rodimus came in today and I do have some QC issues. The visor won't stay up, if you touch him at all, it falls down over his face. Same issues as most others with the guns and the hands, and the leg panels so stress marks and were very loose. The chest won't stay pegged in and the back will not lock down either. I didn't even try to transform him.

11. Predakwon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks. I just want the one with the most stuff that comes with it. TFsource it is.

12. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    HK sellers charge slightly more for the Japanese releases for some reason. When I was buying Grimlock they had both. No difference other than maybe a sticker on the box saying its the Hong Kong version.