Different vehicles for Bruticus Maximus Swindle/Blast-off

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vbann, Sep 12, 2009.

1. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi all I just picked up bruticus maximus and was trying to replace swindle and blast off with different figs. Since swindle is supposed to be a jeep, the first figure that came in my mind was energon strongarm, and from what I remember isnt there a repaint of him out there somewhere? anyway I was thinking of modding it so the combiner piece can be placed inside strongarms back. I want to do the same with blast off, but I dont know of any basic sized space shuttle bots. Has anyone tried to attempt this?

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cybertron Swindle is perfect for well... Swindle

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah the cybetron Swindle is perfect and the transformation is near identical to the front loader constructicon combiner limb guys.

As for blast off I'd say just take an energon jet limb and make it look more a bit more sci-fi

4. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. vbann

vbann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think bruticus is great. Out of the 3 energon combiners i think he is the best. The combiner limbs dont pop off everytime you bend the arm/leg. The only thing I dont like is how easily the energon pieces of vortex/swidle can come off.

I plan on buying superion and im going to use terradive/sky shadow as blast off (all ill do is rid the autobot symbol). Cybertron swindle will work perfectly for the left leg, but im still trying to figure out how to get that connector piece into it.

6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Strongarm is closer in colour to G1 Swindle and Cybertron Swindle has a lousy head in my opinion.

I know it's larger but if you had Classics and Henkei Astrotrain, you could use one, I'd pick Henkei, for Blast Off. Their colour schemes are different enough to pass as seperate characters.

I know it's a deluxe mold but an assymetrical, larger arm may look cool. Sometimes the assymetrical look works. I mean all the G1 combiners were essentially assymetrical.

Just a thought.

7. ruinationawaken

ruinationawaken Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If i were you I'd use energon Skyblast for blast-off. He's a scout, he turns into a futureistic jet/space fighter and one of his repaints is going to be released in those universe scout two-packs.