Different ROTF Elita-1 for Japan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by AllSpark Ferret, Jul 1, 2010.

1. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    BBTS has put up some pre-orders for future Japanese ROTF toys which includes Elita-1. However the Japanese Elita-1 is the Arcee mold in a pinky-purple colur with a green transparent blade.

AA-08 Elita-1 - Transformers Transformers II - Revenge of the Fallen (2009) Autobot Alliance (Japanese)

It's still not movie accurate in colour but much closer than Hasbro's black 'Chromia' version of Elita-1. I wonder how the two different versions of Elita-1 will affect the combining (not that I believe we'll ever officially see the toys combined!)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    ... Kill.

EDIT: I will wait to see combined pics before I buy this. If it improves the combination AT ALL (or heck - even if it's "the same"), I'm buying this instead of the Hasbro version...

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Lol..still not accurate.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    It looks like it's mimicking the color scheme to the movie 1 concept art Arcee. The gold spokes are a dead giveaway to that.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Makes me go "HMMMMMM", in a recent QnA someone asked Hasbro why they were using the Chromia mold instead of the Arcee one for Elita-1.

Makes me figure we'll probably see a repaint like this stateside in a future wave called like "Somethingsomething Arcee".

6. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro not releasing pics or instructions for the combined mode is annoying me. Why delay? Even if it would require a third sister mold that as been cancelled, we should know for sure by now how the combined mode is supposed to look.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Somehow, Hasbro and Takara just plain fail at this character.

8. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bah.

I gave up on these deluxe bike sisters. I'm just gonna get that Sideways Sneak Attack pack with the three legends and call it good.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yay, right mold...Wrong colors.

To think I had a brief moment of hope.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

to tell you the truth, i like the colors on the hasbro version more.

11. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Malibu Stacey Arcee?

12. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Wow... neither Hasbro nor Takara can get it right. And honestly, Elita-1 was so not the most complicated character in the movie.

But you know what? This bodes bad for the combined mode. If the Hasbro and the Takara "Elita-1s" are both different molds, I'm guessing you could use pretty much any Arcee bike to form a combination mode.

13. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    OK so the American one will have 2 Chromias and 1 Arcee mold to combine and the Japanese one will have two Arcee mold and 1 Chromia....

I don't no if I should laugh or facepalm.

NOTE : It's described as 'AA-08' or as part of 'Autobot Alliance' as was shown on all the Botcon display signs.

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Do people still think there is supposed to be a combined mode that won't look like three figures stuck together at the hips? Hasbro themselves said it was garbage. The fact they decide to use different molds for the 3rd "biker chick" release versus what it appears Takara is using suggest the combined mode is nothing but a joke. Go buy another Arcee or Chromia and mash them together for a bit. Poof.. combined mode.

Having said that, the pics BBTS has look more like another Arcee release. Not an Elita-1 by any stretch. Curious if a placeholder pic landed in their by mistake or something.

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Same Character - different mold to portray it - if they don't want to promote the weird wheel-bot modes then they may just decide that the sisters in general look more like Arcee than like Chromia.

Personally I'd rather they waited and actually put the 3rd bike in the Movie 3 toyline's first or 2nd wave of Deluxes, if such a delay allowed for a better combination and a new more acurate (or at least different to the other 2) bike mode for the 3rd bike character.

Then they could have sold a recolor boxed set of all 3 of them to go with TF movie #3... as the bikes were shown in art form in umpteen different alternative color - and it'd never been explictly stated than there's only 3 of them anyway - so they could even make more of them or the proper 3rd bot in the future with another random fembot sounding name such as - Firestar, Firebolt, Chromestar, Moonracer, Solitare etc...

16. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    This is definitely what they should've done. That way, it leaves them time to work on the ROTF line aspects they want to work on, and the fans will still be happy.
    I'm still clinging to a little bit of hope that this may happen with the Constructicons.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Good idea. They're in scale with the Voyagers like Ironhide anyway. I'll just slap em together for the combined mode.

We've waited too long for the whole Arcee issue... and this resolution sucks ass.

Could Japan have just at leeeast painted it purple? Just have more than 50% of the body purple. Just that much. Purple. THEN. Oh God THEN. We have the closest thing to a good Elita.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I just thought I'd point out that The Bikes that come with the Silver & Black 'Battle Damaged' Sideways are actually bigger than Legends scale as can be seen by comparing a Human Alliance Chromia or Arcee (From HA Mudflap or HA Skids) with a true Legends carded or EZ series Arcee bike. the HA ones are much larger than her.... not quite scouts but still bigger than the majority of legends toy in terms of mass.

So I guess they'd be HA Mini-bike or something like that rather than 'Legends' as there's an Arcee in both and they are not the same at all

19. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Nah. It's the Legends mold in that pack.

20. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    if im not wrong hasbro will release the introcutions for cobine, online, and nto with the elita fig,