different robot modes for Movie Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thoughtcrime, Jun 16, 2007.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Like an ape with chicken legs? :) 

Yeah, I know he's very agile and fast in the movie clips... but it's still the basic design that looks thuggish and monstrous. Looks are important. :)  One would expect Starscream to be sleek, angular and elegant, and that's something I see a little of in the protoform, and not at all in the earth form.

Overall, I'm not big on the "monster" designs that the Decepticons have in the movie... and the two most well-known and established characters, Megatron and Starscream, are the two that fare the worst for that reason.

But based just on the designs... well, I like all sorts of mecha, but I do have certain preferences. The "monster formed out of a mass of shrapnel" approach just doesn't really appeal to me in general.

This is evident in my purchases too... the only movie figures I haven't picked up yet, and probably won't pick up, are Starscream, Megatron and Bonecrusher (and Scorponok, but one can hardly call him a transfrormer, so much as... a zoid?).

BTW WheelJackswrkshp... nice gerwalk mode. It's too bad that the arms can only swivel out to the side rather than tucking underneath a bit more. Seeing the toy in this form really drives home how HUGE those forearms are, and really makes me wonder what the heck Hasbro was thinking when they gave him so much kibble (in jet mode).

zmog

2. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still preferring the designed transformation, but the first pic in the OP is pretty cool too. :) 

Second one, I can't get into the detented torso.

3. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

Yeah I know what you mean. I can bring them back but it moves the visual weight of the plane too far back. I like it out to the side because the guns are big and need room to breath but needs some top kibble to it. The top of the plane is too flat compared to the Robotech valkyries.

4. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gah! Can't believe I forgot to put Starscream to the "Gerwalk" test. First plane transformer I've forgot to do that with.

5. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Thats a cool gerwalk mode. I haven't returned my Screamer yet, I may wait until after the movie to see if he's worth hanging on to.

6. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Okay now he looks more like a chicken, albeit a heavily armed chicken. Personally I love my Movie screamer. But I can understand that some people have. He does have a very brutish ape like look look to him.