Different classes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by indecks, Jun 8, 2007.

1. indecks

indecks Banned

I keep reading "Voyager", "Leader", etc classes when reading about toys here. What are the different classes, and what do they insinuate? Does Leader mean 'super nice' or something? Can someone explain these classes to me, and if possible post an example, like "Leader = Masterpiece Megatron" etc.

Thanks for the help.

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    price point levels.

leader = MSRP $40
    ultra = $30 (none for the movie)
    voyager = $20
    deluxe = $10
    basic / scout = $7

with the increase in price = more toy (bigger, sounds, lights, accuracy, etc)

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Legends: Cheap little copies of larger toys

Basic/Scout : Original robots, about twice the size of Legends. Think Real Gears and minicon three-packs.

Deluxe: Most common size. Standard for cars.

Voyager: Bigger than a deluxe, sometimes contains electronics.

Ultra: Bigger than Voyagers, contains electronics. There are no movie Ultras.

Leader: Optimus Prime and Megatron are usually the sole members of this class. Sometimes one other character gets the treatment. The second biggest, about a foot tall.

Supreme: The very biggest. Includes Unicron and Primus. Supremes are only outsized by Fortress Maximus.

4. theone74

theone74 Banned

When did this start, I have been collecting since G1 and dont really keep up with all this, its not that serious to me.

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think it started in Beast Wars when they had deluxe, Mega, Ultra etc. Mewga was changed to Voyager in Energon/Cybertron I believe and Armade got names like Maxcon etc.

6. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

It's always been there to some degree. Going back to G1 you had the minibots, (Scouts), the standard Autobot cars (Deluxe), the jets (Voyager), Soundwave (Ultra) and Prime andMegatron (Leaders). Future waves added lots of variety to the toys, but most of them still fell into standard price points.