Differences in TRU reissues and Takara collection reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alejandro27, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone here, had a preference of which line is better and the differences?

2. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    There isnt much of a difference that i know of. Except the obvious like Megatron and Optimus prime. I dont think the TRU has the same accessories as the TRU.

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Most of the changes are in the missiles as the Hasbro versions will have the elongated missiles to conform to US law.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Generally speaking, they are identical from one another. The only differences in some of the figures (like the seekers' missiles for example) are changes to the mold to be compliant with US Safety laws. Other than that, the only major difference is that all of the Japanese figures that have spring fired weapons have the springs while the US ones have the springs removed.

5. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    The differences were pretty minor; on the TRU reissues, you'd have things like elongated missiles for the spring launchers, lack of chrome on the Autobot cars' weapons, shortened smoke stacks on Prime and Magnus. So with the Takara reissues, you were getting a toy much closer to the original release.

On the other hand, the Toys R Us line saw a number of releases that didn't make it into Takara's bookshelf line like Silverstreak, Red Alert, Grapple, Thundercracker, Skywarp, etc. etc.

Personally speaking, I preferred Taraka's reissues, mostly for the presentation that went into the packaging. I only really picked up a TRU figure if there wasn't a counterpart in the Takara line. The only exception for me being Stepper/Ricochet, I picked up the domestic figure because I found him on clearance for some 7-8 dollars.