Differences between these Soundwaves?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IodaFett, Apr 1, 2009.

1. IodaFett

IodaFett Oregon TF Collector

I'm looking to buy a reissue Soundwave soon, and I would like to know the main (and smaller) differences between these three Soundwaves. Also, which is the closest to the original?

TRU Reissue Soundwave
    [​IMG]

TFC-10 Soundwave
    [​IMG]

Encore Soundwave
    [​IMG]

2. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    One is Soundblaster mold, one is an encore, one is a bookstyle re-issue.

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Wow how many times have i seen this question. You should search. this info has been covered many times. But here you go.

TRU exclusive Classics Soundwave has a dual capacity chest. The door is like Soundblaster, it sticks out like 1/4 inch from the chest so you can stick two tapes in it. Obviously this is nothing like the original. However the benefit is that you get both Laserbeak and Ravage.

TFC-10 is closer to the original but you get Laserbeak, not Buzzsaw.

Encore is a cheaper version. I dont have this one so i cant comment. Both the TRU and TFC have cassette cases.

4. IodaFett

IodaFett Oregon TF Collector

Sorry if I didn't search. I didn't really know that this was covered so much.

5. Makxsh1mum

Makxsh1mum Well-Known Member

Haha, i asked this question couple of weeks ago. And i did do a thorough search ;) . I still wanted the opinions of people who've actually owned them in order to vet out any QC issues. Ended up getting the TRU one and it got delivered to day (alas i'm stuck at work so haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet). I got it cuz everyone says it's great, good quality, true colors, and it comes with 2 cassettes!!! I personally don't mind the dual cassette/double-wide chest that sticks out, but others may. Good luck man.

6. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    TFC 10 Soundwave and Encore Soundwave are essentially the same figure but in different packaging. The TRU Reissue comes with a double capacity door that sticks out further from the chest but holds 2 tapes instead of one. The TRU one is a blue version of TFC 18 Soundblaster (who is black).
    It really boils down to if you want a single or double capacity tape door otherwise the figure is the same.