Differences between TFC & G1 Hound accessories?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alex5, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out with a little info here.

I had listed on eBay a spare set of accessories from TFC reissue Hound (both guns, missile launcher, missiles on sprue, gas can, spare tyre and the stickers), but a helpful user informed me they would not be suitable for G1 so I have pulled the auction for now.

If somebody could help me out and let me know which of those accessories are not compatible with the G1 figure that would be greatly appreciated :thumb 

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Whom ever told you that was, in three words or less, full of shit. Possibly lying, or otherwise misinformed. We're talking about a Takara reissue. Which are indentical, let me stress that INDENTICAL, to the vintage releases. Even most of the Hasbro ones are nearly indentical. Just missing springs and chromed bits. The only reissue who's parts would be incompatible with a vintage toy is Hasbro's Jazz/Riccochet. And then only the missles and missle launcher

3. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Thanks lars. I had looked at this page hound variations but I wasn't totally sure as it didn't explicitly answer my question. Looks like the only big differences are the gas can and spare tyre being somewhat smaller (but still with compatible pegs).

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not completely true. There are some other mould differences in some reissues that make them incompatible. e.g.

For Hasbro, Ultra Magnus' launchers and missiles will not fit the vintage figure
    Same with the Seekers missile launchers

For Takara, the TFC line RE-MOULDED Kup and Hot Rod so they could hold both their Targetmaster weapons and regular weapons... the Targetmaster guns were also remoulded slightly as well to this end. Therefore, they wouldn't be suitable for vintage replacements.

As far as I can make out though, TFC Hound and vintage Hound ARE identical!

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The remold on Kup and Hot Rod was their original weapons, they made the pegs bigger to fit into the bigger TM holes. The Hasbro jet missiles are just longer. You could put them in a vintage launcher no problem.

6. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My own experience disagrees with you (on the seeker launchers anyway; I'll take your word on the Hot Rod/Kup moulds)

7. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Kup yes, but there are reissue Hot Rods, the ones that predate the TFC collection, whose weapons should be compatible with the G1 figures.

8. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yep hound accessories are identical, no differences at all!

9. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Thanks guys, I be able to relist them now :)