Differences between Japanese and European Overlord?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by llamatron, Jan 1, 2007.

1. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Are there any differences between the Japanese and European release of Overlord? Any colour differences? Sticker differences? Or are they truely identical (apart from the box of course). I can't seem to find any information about this on :google 

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    chk out freds variant page.

off hand, from memory, the color of the shoulder cones vary in shade.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm, here's a picture of what I think is the Japanese release powermasters (Giga and Mega):

[​IMG]

And here is a very small poor quality shot of Overlord's powermasters (I don't know if it's European or Japanese) but the colouring is different. Is it just poor lighting / dodgey camera, an actual colour difference or a KO/bootleg?

[​IMG]

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

There is def a bootleg Overlord ;

http://www.collectiondx.net/gallery/Toys/Bootleg/Korean/Alpha/

The Powermasters on the Alpha Base Robot seem to differ from the ones you pictured though.

From Freds Workshop

[​IMG]

Overlord, originally thought Japanese-only, actually saw release in europe as well. Surprise! He has colored purple pieces (wings, shoulder cones, all accs) that come in 2 different colors..indigo, and violet. If you remember your ROYGBIV, you KNOW that these are considered two different colors, not just shades of each other!

Oh, but we're not done. Not by a long shot :)  In the words of Morg, "Overlord was released in Japan, Europe, Greece (is that in Europe?) and Australia, basically everywhere except the US, Canada and SA. The version released in Japan has the pink parts while the other versions came with the purple parts, purple parts where never included in the Japanese version. European/Australian/Greek Overlords have a completely different copyright to the Japanese version: E/A/G copyright is Hasbro made in Taiwan whereas the Japanese version is copyright Takara and made in...off the top of my head, China. If you want the exact copyrights I'll look them up. Also, the paint application on the eyes is different: E/A/G Overlords have light red paint which sits firmly within the eye lines, but Japanese Overlords have dark red paint which sits over the eye lines. Hope that makes sense :)  Argus pointed out a while ago that European/A/G Overlords come with 3 or 4 (I forget) pink parts from the Japanese release. This isn't exactly accurate. There are 3 or 4 parts in the European/A/G release which ARE lighter than the other parts but they are not the same colour as the Japanese version. These parts are a shade which is halfway between the 2...confusing eh? Anyway, nitpicking over :) "

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i totally called it first on freds variant page.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

...and i totally pasted it. :) 

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    totally.

8. Osku

Osku Banned

That is my picture. Both are from European releases.

Pictures(!) used on Tfarchive's Japanese Overlord review are from European release. A bit confusing, but I'm not responsible for that. ;) 
    http://tfarchive.com/toys/reviews/jg1_overlord.php