Differences between G1, Encore, and TRU Starscream?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ShadowStitch, Apr 20, 2008.

1. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

I couldn't find any info on this, so I thought I'd ask -- I'm sure someone here has an exhaustive list of all the differences. Some people just know these things. It's why Jeopardy has been on the air so long.

So, Alex...What is...the difference between G1, Encore and the TRU Reissue releases of G1 Starscream?

Somewhere, packed away in storage 2000 miles from me, is my original childhood G1 Starscream. Here in my room is my TRU reissue Starscream. Besides the ridiculously nerfed missiles, I haven't notice any differences right away, but I may just have a poor memory.

Thing is, I'm thinking of getting the Encore version, because it has the proper missiles (excuse me..NULL-RAYS) and all, but I'm not sure what the point is. Is it closer to the Geewun than the TRU Reissue, somehow?

This is especially relevant considering the impending release of Encore Skywarp and Thundercracker...

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    encore starscream is very close to the original starscream

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe the only diffrence between original G1 and TRU is the missiles, I don't have a TRU version to verify this.

Encore has correct missiles, yellow canopy, Decepticon logos are painted on.

I believe those are the only diffrences.