Difference ...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DKM, Jan 15, 2012.

1. DKM

DKM Well-Known Member

Quick Question...
    What are the differences between the transformers prime toys release by Hasbro and Takara...besides the price?

2. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    There are some diffrences in most of the plastic on the Japanese release compared to the U.S. prime toys such as bulkhead who is a drastically diffrent shade of green. A lot of the takara prime toys also have a shiny plastic.

3. DKM

DKM Well-Known Member

Thanks for the quick response...so would you say that the takara version are better?

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    From my perspective it seems that the difference is higher paint application quality from Takara, and thus a larger price.

There isn't a "better" one just a different one. If you like the paint job for a Takara version, then get that one. If not, save some money and get the Hasbro one.

5. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    I have the takara versions and would recommend them if your budget will allow it, all of the color diffrences on the takara ver. are all plastic not paint but they're nice.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Eh from what i have seen the takara ones are different but not different enough to justify the price. I especially hate takara Bulkhead. Now i love the green but they used the same green they did for their release of animated Bulkhead. Not screen accurate at all. I do like the takara voyager Prime figure more than the hasbro based on images but i personally do not think its worth the increased cost in this case. Takara does not always mean better.

7. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    I've compared Arcee, Bulkhead, Cliffjumper, Bumblebee, Voy Optimus, Starscream and Megatron in-package Takara and Hasbro versions. The Taraka ones are generally a deeper colour and shinier, even Arcee and Megatron. Megatron also seems to have a beige tint to the grey. Takara's Starscream has some black paint apps that are grey on the Hasbro version. Takara's Optimus has very dark blue legs.