Difference in the two movies so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, May 1, 2009.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    -just a note: nothing here is meant to be taken as a concrete statement, I'm just taking a look at what we've seen so far-

After watching the trailers and the showest clip, this TF movie has a much different feel than the first one. I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie, but lets face it, it's because it was a transformers movie, and there were robots. Nobody goes to a TF movie to watch humans unless robots show up two minutes later.

One of the big themes of the first movie was that the Transformers were being "introduced", and were kept in relative mystery for a significant portion of the film, only stepping into the foreground after Optimus and the gang showed up. It was told from a human's perspective to get the audience comfortable and aquianted with the idea, and it worked.

There's no mystery here, this time. The transformers are the main characters. Cat's outta the bag, pretty much everyone knows the name, and most of the general audience is familiar with the first movie. Even the human storyline is directly tied to Bumblebee's role from the first movie being "done" now that Megatron and the Decepticons are destroyed, and is the after-effects of that. (plus, without the computer nerds side-story to contend with there's much more room for even MORE robots!)

I actually got a better feel for the robot's characters so far than I did the humans. It seems for all of you who disliked the "Humans: featuring the Transformers" movie the first time are going to get your wish with the second movie.

Anyone feel the same way? I tried to keep it short 'cuz nobody likes wall of text.

2. Soundwaave

Soundwaave Banned

I totally agree.. The humans are a good thing to have in Transformers but i think that there should be more Robot story to it.. But people say ROTF will be mostly focusing on the past of Cybertron and how it all started in further detail.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that the robots being treated as characters more than a mystery is pretty clear from the robot action shots.

All of 'em try to put focus on the robots instead of the robot legs while a human tries to escape.

4. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, in fact that's probably why people have said it's easier to tell what's going on in the fights.

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I also agree. The only thing I really didn't like about the 1st movie was the fact that the TF's took a backseat in their own movie. I really think they coulda introduced them better by having them in the movie for longer than 10 minutes at the end(over-exageration, but not by much) It seems like this won't be AS BIG of a problem in ROTF, but my guess is, It'll still be at least 50% humans unfortunately. Still, it's a step in the right direction.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Another big difference is that the Decepticons are being promoted as part of the film and not just as an afterthought or just generic monsters so we can have a happy Hollywood ending.

Things could work out differently in the finished film, but so far it seems like the Decepticons are going to be actual characters which bring a lot more to an Autobot win. If they really have managed to make the bad bots into something then should really bring out the hero aspect to the Autobots and add some nice tension to the film if it seems like the bad bots just might win this time.

So not just more robots but character to add something to the struggle. Does feel like maybe the robots are the real stars this second go round with the better human characters left to bring some scale to just how big the robots are.

7. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Funny you call, them an afterthought when the first action scene in the movie is devoted to one Decepticon.

But I do see your point they more or less hinted at the characters of some Decepticons. (pretty much everyone besides Starscream, Frenzy and Megatron didn't even get that)

8. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The trailer alone is showing a lot more promising shots of robot action.

The difference between the two so far...ROTF is gonna be full of more win...

9. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Hey, someone else from Ohio! Ok, back to topic.... I agree, this movie looks like 100% concentrated win!

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have no idea how you got all that out of the trailer. Seems a bit like stating the obvious (robots are a given from the start of the movie, not hiding or being introduced anymore). No idea where all this magical extra robot characterization has come from. I do expect and anticipate there to be more in the sequel but we haven't seen it in the trailers. Jetfire's rusty arse shows about as much in-depth character development as Jazz cracking some bitches.

Slightly unrelated but based off what we've seen the two movies seem very similar in style and tone.

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Once again, I was just stateing that based off the AMOUNT of robot action we're given, it's only safe to assume that there will be more characterization.

Remember the first trailers? There were very few actual lines from the robots (Actually, I think that only one of Optimus' lines were used in one TV spot) and generally few full shots of robots doing stuff.