Difference between G1(1984) Prime and KO's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Runamuck, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I'm in search of a G1 Prime(1984) in good condition with all the pieces. Or at least most of them. And not broken.

I have an Encore Prime, but it's not the same.

Check out these pics from an auction I'm currently watching. Is this a KO?

Brick-A-Brack

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't know, looking at the stamp on the trailer, with the chinese markings, and no hasbro markings, is making me wonder if it is a real one or not. it's diffently not a reissue or it would have an updated markings, and hasbro's markings too *or at least my g2 and tfc trailers do* but all i see is takara's.

and the condition being almost perfect, makes me wonder too.

it looks to me as if it is something some one just took out of a box. rather then being a 25 year old toy.

mint condition is one thing, but plastic it self, does age over time, like everything else.

it COULD be a real thing, but i am not sure. if it was me, i'd just go a head and say it wasn't real, and try to find one that is real, for a better price.

3. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    Ok. So far it looks real to me. Although there are a few questionable issues.

1. It has bloated fists. Those only come with pre-rub primes that have the diaclone metal trailer. That trailer is clearly Not metal plates.

2. The gas pump thing is not bloated as well as the gun. Both should be with bloated fists.

3. The bloated fists are correct though. The sprue flash is in the middle of the fist in the front where the fingers are. The Good KO come with bloated fists but they were molded top and bottom not front and back. Does that make sense?

Oh also, Dolza, learn to recognize what you are looking at. Those "Chinese markings" are Japanese kanji. That is date stamping of early primes. Possibly the second pre-rub, after the bloated fist prime.

Here is what the date stamping of a Metal trailer looks like. it is the same as Diaclone Battle Conoy. Where it says "takara Japan" only. The next date stamping along the G1 lines are the "takara 1980 blah blah blah" stampings which is what I see in the pics of that prme you posted

[​IMG]

4. Runamuck

News Credits:
    So, other than the bloated fists, it looks cool, Solscud?

5. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I think he's saying that it looks like it might not be parts of a couple of different (but genuine) early Primes.

EDIT - don't know why I put the 'not' in there. I meant it might be parts of a couple of different Primes, just to clarify. But it looks like that is what everyone interpreted my comment as anyway, so it's all cool :lol 

6. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    yep. As far as I can tell, which is just the trailer and the fists, it looks legit. However it is not a complete prime. Im not talking about the lack of missiles. but the fact that it has mis-matched accessories.

7. Runamuck

News Credits:
    :( 

Well, that's a bummer. Getting a truly "complete" Prime must be next to impossible then.

8. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not that hard depending on how much you're willing to spend. I sold one that was only missing the 2 extra missiles 2 months ago for $100. There are lots on ebay every all the time for 100 - 150.

9. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

the fact it has misatched accessories might also mean its part ko, part real.

10. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone tell me if this is a KO. I thought I was getting the real thing.

[​IMG]

11. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

I can't see what you're worried about. Do you have a pic of the copyright stamp? :lol 

Think he may be missing the fists though?