Diet DR.SMOOV

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Nov 17, 2009.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    YouTube - "Accessible" - Diet DR.SMOOV

Chip confronts the Autobots about accommodating his wheelchair; how the Dinobots were REALLY created.

A parody of DR.SMOOV by jON3.0 with special thanks to the good doctor for his permission and approval to create this video and to Blastard Inc. for the music.

Written, edited, and performed by jON3.0.

2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really well done mate!

3. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally, something I can let the kids watch!

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Good stuff! These videos always make me crack up.

5. GhostLord

GhostLord Photocomic creator

Ebay:
    Very funny video. I expected nothing less from Jon3pnt0.

6. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    ROFLs! Jon3.0 strikes again! I'm smelling competition between you and Dr. Smoov on who does the best TFs impersonations now. Dr. Smoov still nails the Autobots' voices most accurately imo, but man, you're coming real close to his level. Your voicework definitely seems to have improved since 'Another rude awakening'.

A couple of my fave lines:

"Aww, crap. It's the humans again, i mean, err, hey Buster, what's up?" (So much for Prime's love for humans.)

"Stop talking about his useless, limp, lifeless legs and his inability to walk." (Way to rub it in, Opty.)

"Hop in, Sam."
    "It's Spike, Optimus." (Movie reference!)

"You're a genius, Wheeljack." Who's figgin' retarded now! (Ah, Chip, you sneaky, underhanded little smart-ass! Tee hee!)

And poor Wheeljack, he'll forever be teased about the fact that he created the Dinobots with simple brains.

Keep rollin' 'em out Jon3.0! Your videos always bring a smile to my face. :) 

7. dkrolickm

dkrolickm Beast Wars Predacon

Ebay:
    :lol 

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    No, there's no competition between the two of us. He was completely cool and permitted me to do a video parodying his style and doing impressions of his... impressions. The accuracy of voices is only in the opinion of the beholder. I was hoping this video would end the "who's better" debate and realize that we are both just doing what we love to do. This will most likely be my only Diet DR.SMOOV video because I like doing the characters my way and he likes doing the characters his way. He absolutely loved the video. I sent it to him first because of a conversation we had about the two versions of Prime that we do and it sparked the idea for me to do a video doing all the voices his way. Plus, I had a hilarious script that just wouldn't fit any other format that I have previously done. With his permission, I posted it and he allowed me to use his logo. So thanks again, Doc for being such a good sport. If I really wanted to do SMOOV-like videos his way, I could. But I would rather take my parodies in a different direction. Change is good and there is plenty of cartoon parody mash-ups out there. This was somethin special for everyone getting me to 1000 subs. Everyone will always have their favorite whether it be him or myself or someone else... but that's not the point. ALL of us just want to make you guys laugh and pay homage to something we all know and love from our childhoods. There were several direct SMOOV references: "Then THAT'S what you'll be called... 'Wheelchair!" and the "simple brains." It's a parody of parodies. Who does better at being accurate is a matter of personal opinion and will vary from person to person. But the Hasbro clients that I have worked with on Star Wars absolutely LOVE my G1 Prime and they have worked with Cullen himself! I also was able to do some TFA characters for them, so I'm hoping that it was a first step to move from Star Wars to Transformers for me! :)  FINGERS CROSSED!

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

clever - this made me lol irl, ftw!

the lovely Ryanette's mum is a wheelchair retard too so i emailed her a linky to the vid :D 

edit: for extra lulz she also had a ridiculous wheelchair accessible ironhide car, which i thought for ages had a giant 'master race' sticker. to my relief it turned out she wasn't a white supremacist at all and it was a toyota master ace. it's still a shit car though.

[​IMG]

10. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    :lolol  This is great!

11. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    just to clarify, I totally support handicap accessibility and this was in no way intended to be offensive to handicapped or disabled people. I have personal ties to disability. This video was merely meant to point out the obvious plotholes in G1 that would have made it highly improbable that a ship built for giant alien robots would have been easy to access by a boy in a wheelchair... plus the fact that First Aid and the Protectobots made legs for Jessica in the Return of Optimus Prime.

12. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

if you've got close ties to a differently/dis abled person then you'll know that disabled people aren't so desperately sensitive about their physical issues they can't laugh at stereotypes (particularly funny ones) with the non-disableds amongst us. They generally don't want anybody to be offended on their behalf either, because it's so dreadfully patronising.

If anybody is offended they need to ask themselves exactly why they are offended.

13. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    i just thought i would mention it is all. :) 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    FANtastic :thumb 

15. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Thanks, man. I gota ask, what toy is that in your avatar? It looks like Wheeljack's and Prime's lovechild. :) 

16. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

That's Ultra Magnus or a White Optimus Prime that is a tribute to the late vector who made that bad boy.

Anyways jon3pnt0 I dig the video it was funny.

17. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

vector's (?) ultramagnus binaltech prime repaint, isn't it?

18. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i snoozed, therefor i lost.

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    More specifically, it's the Magnus that I commissioned vector to make for me. It was his last commission piece he made.

Magnus (V) - Alternators - Binaltech Customs - TFW2005.COM (the first 12 photos are of another commission; the rest are photos I shot)

It's amazing how well you captured Dr. Smooth; excellent work, man :thumb 

20. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Excellent job, between the two of you we have plenty of good material laugh at, kudos to you both.