Diebuster's influences on upgraded Sari...

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by CreepySariFan, Apr 19, 2009.

1. CreepySariFan

CreepySariFan BothersomePest

Watched Diebuster after Derrick Wyatt commented on how Gurren Lagann and Diebuster were big influences on his designs, so I started making the connections.

Sari definately resembles Nono from Diebuster, particularily in character design; the boots, the gloves...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sari didn't know she was Cybertronian in origin, a secret guarded by her adopted Father, a lot like Nono not knowing she was a Buster Machine and being taken care of by an similarily adopted dad. Their powers eventually revealed.

Finally, Nono sacrifices herself at the end of Diebuster to prevent a black hole from starting another Big Bang...wait...Sari's gonna die!?

2. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I don't think Sari will die, I just think
    only Prowl does.

3. CreepySariFan

I hope you're right...

4. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :eek:  If Sari dies, then I will be :mad . Yes, so very :mad . It's bad enough that Blurr got the axe, but if Sari actually died (which probably won't happen anyway), no...just...NO.

5. CreepySariFan

If she does...it's not fair. I could've seen it coming, if she had been a teen the whole time, but already got attatched to her pre-upgrade when things were "safe".

6. CreepySariFan

Anyone know much about TV-Y7-FV ratings? I'm trying to figure out right now if they allow "human" character death or not.

7. drrockso20

drrockso20 Well-Known Member

well I would be pissed of for sure because not only is Sari one of my favorite characters in the show but it would completely screw up my fanfic which I'm trying to keep as close to canon as possible at least until the show ends and shes one of the most important charachters in said fanfic

8. boag

boag New Member

This is a bad thread and OP should feel bad for making it, seriously where the hell do you see the similiarities between Nono's design and Sari's?

seriously, if anything Sari looks more like Loran in drag, From Gundam Turn A

9. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I would disagree, there are definitely some similarities in the the characters background if not quite so much their visual appearances (some are there, yes, but not so much). There's more to the character than just visual appearances. Also there is the fact that the creative staff have mentioned some influences including Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann for example. I'm not sure ∀Gundam was one of them.

10. RonimusPrime

RonimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I know that in Danny Phantom, a Y7-FV rated show, one of the best episodes had a possible where Danny's entire family was killed by an explosion which was allowed to be shown onscreen. Of course, by the end of the episode, Danny had averted the timeline.

11. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see the similarities in the design. But I don't want Sari to die! :( :mad 

That would really irritate me to no end.

12. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    Any way, I also think there were other inspirations for Sari aside from diebuster; characters that had better fates.

13. SoundFire Prime

News Credits:
    Some people have said that she looks like Starfire from Teen Titans, and Starfire never died on the show, so that must mean Sari's gonna live! :lolol 

14. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    .... She does look like Starfire doesn't she... :lol 

15. SoundFire Prime

News Credits:
    ^ Which brings up an interesting point. Starfire is an alien, and Sari is an alien robot. Starfire can fly, and Sari has a jetpack, so she can fly, too. Starfire can lift things that are like, three times her size, and Sari can lift giant cans of oil nog like they're nothing. Not to mention they can both shoot balls of energy from their hands (though the way Sari does it makes her more like Iron Man, which is so awesome.) That, and they're both kind of cute. The only difference is that Starfire isn't all that bright, while Sari is like, kind of a genius. The resemblance is near uncanny and genius! KABOOM!

16. Flashdisk

News Credits:
    ... Now all that's needed is a TFA version of Raven, Beastboy, Robin & Cyborg. :D 

17. SoundFire Prime

News Credits:
    ^ Bumblebee = Beast Boy :D 

18. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

In the episode of The Batman "A Mater of Family" Dick Grayson's parents die right in front of his eyes.
    We see the funeral and everything, so I would say "yes" it's allowed.

19. CreepySariFan

Even JLU let Ace have a brain anuerysm, so yeah, arg...no safety for Sari. >.<

20. chapsy

chapsy Resident Brony

not really seeing the similarities art wise, but story wise it makes a lot of sense :)