Heavy/Scratch: die cast Devastator almost finished

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by guillo, Feb 4, 2010.

1. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

Hi guys, if you didnt see the thread about it WIP here is what I did
    these were all die cast cars (matchbox, majorete, siku, hot wheels, maisto), the crane was made from scratch using a el camino pickup, a cabover matchbox truck, a front of a tooned deora and a siku excavator
    the paint was done with spray paint (dont have airbrush) and some 15 years old testor paints (they dont sell them here anymore)
    used a broken ghost starscream for the legs and the chest and some arms from a KO that my kid broke sometime ago, also used some lego pieces for the snap on connections
    used a lighter with a led for the eye light, the face was carved from an epoxy ball (dont have sculp putty here either)
    still need to put a hook on hook and make a waist plate, also the light didnt help the pic but Ill take better pichs when is complete
    hope you like it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This looks great! The only thing I would offer as advise would be to find a different set of thighs though. The SS legs don't really work with the bulky-ness of the rest of the project. Other than that though, this really does look awesome!! For the legs, try using something like a MG Gundam, or, is you want to go the more expensive route, the Toynami MP Voltron thighs. You could probably even find a fairly inexpensive broken one ebay. Thats what I've got goin on my G1 Devs.

3. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    Amazing
    looks really good!!

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

good job dude!

5. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

you are totally right, the thing is that I dont have a way to get those parts (cannot buy US money, goverment doent allow it) however Ill see what I can find to make it look better, also will put the waist a little higher to reduce the height. Thanks a lot for your imput, I truly appreciate it

6. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

where do u live man?

7. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

Venezuela, hopefully Ill move this year to Argentina (but my dream is to live in USA) I studied a year in Florida and let me tell you that I love how things work in the US

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, trust me, right now it isn't a great place to be. It's definitely not the worst, but it certainly isn't the best either. I'm glad you found my input useful though... not to use my own usefulness and get my projects done...

9. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

I know it isnt the best place but certainly im sure will be better than here, this country is a chaos (strikes everyday, not good food on the market, limitations everywhere and the crime is simply shocking) and the worst of all, the mayority of people way of thinking (tipycal latin america "I Know everything and am smarter than everybody")

I just want to go somewere where my kid can grow safe and I can work knowing that when I get home wont find my family tied on the floor and everything is gone

10. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

update, I added some bulkiness to the legs and reduced the height, also added a waist, here is a groupshot with others I have done before
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    Man, good luck with Hugo down there! I wish you the best on that front.
    Really great job on the custom! I've eyed construction toys many times wondering about doing something similar. The head is excellent and downright amazing considering that you carved it from a solid ball by hand! I think we have the same kind of flashlight cigarette lighters up here (the US). Maybe our countries aren't so different. ;) 
    I'm curious about why you chose to swap the sides on the crane. Was it an accident or to put your own mark on him?
    Now when you say that the legs are from a "Ghost Starscream" which one do you mean exactly?

12. guillo

guillo Well-Known Member

him is the main reason why we are leaving this country, is driving everybody crazy. Anyhow, about the crane, I coudnt find an excavator with the cab on the other side and move it from one side to the other was going to be such a har work that I decided to make it the way it is, the legs and the chest plate are from energon ghost starscream if I recall correctly however they were thicked by a couple of pieces from a energon prowl

the main different between our countries is that in the US the laws work and the people is civilized, here the laws are for the people without money and the stupid, and people's best business is take advantage of others. Imagine that if a cop grab a thieve instead of taking him to the jail or a trial, he offers a deal of freedom to do what he want as long as he gets the half of what he steals (and I got proof of that)

13. cefuroxx

cefuroxx Well-Known Member

Oye guillo, le ley no funciona en mis pais tampoco, los peores criminales estan en las calles todavia como bush, cheney, rumsfeld, etc. Pero sudamerica tiene largo historia con imperialismo y espero que tu situacion mejore. ¿Vale?

14. Tom_Servo

Tom_Servo Well-read chick magnet

Ebay:
    cefuroxx- I ran your comment through babelfish, and I think I get what you're saying there. Bush Cheney and Rummy are criminals, but they very rarely break into people's houses, tie them up and take their stuff. They have people that they hire to do that. ;p