Die-cast car collectors

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Futureruleroftheuniverse, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Futureruleroftheuniverse Well-Known Member

Hi there,

if anybody's seen my collection, they would've noticed my six 1:18 Skyline models (5 from AA, 1 from HW). My first item ever in my collection was indeed the HotWheels Skyline and I've been waiting for Gamesworld to get the GT variant as well. Most of the cars are around $100-$120 AUD still over here and I've just wondered, among fellow die-cast car collectors. Have you noticed whether the hobby of collecting die-cast cars will make the products appreciate in value as in Transformers? Also, could someone tell me their grails for this hobby?
    Mine at the moment is the AutoArt 1:12 scale Lamborghini Gallardo.

cheers

2. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

My only AA is the Mazda RX-8 in Grey. and its AWESOME!
    I love the way AA make their cars.

But in Total i have over 1000 Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Majorette/Johnny Lightning,
    and 500 1:18s and a few 1:24s.

Btw, Nice models you got there

3. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    I have well over 1,000 Ferrari diecast, just over 500 are Hot Wheels Ferrari's, and the rest are 1:18 scale, and other smaller scale diecast (like 1:24 or 1:43).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

wow, and i thought i had too many 1:18 scale cars at 147. do you guys wonder what else you could do with the space their taking up as well?

5. Futureruleroftheuniverse

my grails are the 1:12 scale AA made cars.
    :D  more space in my room must be made when they become mine.
    It's great to see that I'm not alone on this board in die-cast car collecting. My bro thought I was unusual to collect robots, cars and TCGs (not hardcore with TCG anymore, I just kept what I used to have).

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've just got a few 1/32 scale cars. They work well with my TFs.

7. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    I have a TON of Hot Wheels that my uncle gave me, but they have a lot of play wear on them :(  . They were suppose to be for me to start a collection with. The only diecast car I still have in package is my Johnny Lightning Walker Texas Ranger Dodge Ram pick-up. The whole reason why I have it, I went through this HUGE phase where I bought ANY diecast car that was a Dodge Ram.

8. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I collect 1:18 cars on the side...maybe 20-30 total. Mostly classic cars like the Shelby Cobra, '66 Mustang, '67 Vette, '69 Camaro, etc. For modern cars I tend to gravitate toward modern versions of the ones I have classics of.

I also like movie/TV vehicles, be they official or unofficial. Hot Wheels effectively made the Ferrari 250 GT California in Ferris Bueller, though it was a darker red and wasn't licensed from the movie or anything. Then there's the official Back to the Future Time Machine/Delorean. And just the other day, I found this familiar looking fellow at WM:

[​IMG]

9. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I've got a silver one of those, in 1/32. It was that, or metallic red. Since I plan to get Cliffjumper, I went for the silver one. I'm surprised how much smaller it is than my 73 Trans Am.

10. Omnibus Prime

I've seen 'em before in 1:18, but always in other colors. It showed up first in all silver like the concept's real-life debut. Then I saw white w/orange and black w/red stripes, both updates of classic schemes of the '69. I wanted a 1:18 CC, but was holding out for all black or maybe blue w/white. Then I saw this and was sold.

11. -Barricade-

-Barricade- Forza Ferrari!

News Credits:
    My family owns a storage unit complex, I just stash all my stuff there. I got a little lucky on that end, if I tried to put them all here in my house I think my girl would kick me out on my head.

12. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I don't really mess with the larger scales... for me it's all 1:64 and a mix of Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Johnny Lightning, or Jada's (a larger 1:64).

I habe about 600 or more cars and it goes every week. I am kinda getting more selective, but it's still tough.

I have no grails at the moment... there are too many little cars I'd like to own :) 

13. Futureruleroftheuniverse

Are Jada toys' die cast car quality as good or better than AutoArt's?

14. Omnibus Prime

Got some more damn batteries, which is why I used a stock pic before:

[​IMG]

This is the first Jada diecast anything I've gotten that I can recall. I haven't opened it up yet so I canna attest to the quality. It looks/feels good in the box at least. The yellow paint is even slightly metallic/sparkly which doesn't show up so much in the pic.

15. gnodprime1

gnodprime1 Made of sterner stuff

Ebay:
    Jada is far below AutoArt in quality and detail. Unfortunately, they're the only 1:18 concept Camaro on the market. From the ones I've seen in stores, the paint seems to get thin around the edges, most have some sloppy stripes on them too.

16. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    How 'bout some NASCAR ! ! !
    This is the tip of the iceberg....
    I love Racing Champions, got tons of rare chase cars - autographs, sheetmetal & firesuits etc. and got lots of Action 1/24 (not pictured, will update later)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Futureruleroftheuniverse

I see,
    how about HotWheels collector 1:18 models?
    such as this

http://www.schumacher-fanclub.com/h...uper-elite-michael-schumacher-ferrari-fxx.php

would that be a worthwhile item to collect or would AA's quality still be better?
    in terms of 1:18 scaled models.

18. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just picked up this 1991 Revell NASCAR Dale Earnhardt #3 Chevrolet Lumina diecast today for roughly US$17.

earnhardt1991dc01.jpg earnhardt1991dc02.jpg earnhardt1991dc03.jpg earnhardt1991dc04.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Die-Cast? I got few.
    Most are promos from Gas Companies like SHELL and PETRON.
    From 1/32 to 1/24 scale. Things with these promos you can get the cars 50% cheaper than it's retail value.
    Of course, you're required to gas up in a required purchase amount.

Also I have few Superbike Die-Cast by Maisto. 5 of them in 1/24 and one in 1/12 scale.
    And 2 from Jada Toys Fast and the Furious line.

I'm planning to get Jada's some Batmobile Series except the Kilmer Mobile.

20. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

I mostly collect the 1/64 scale Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment Diecast Model Cars of my favorite movies. I have several duplicates to leave on card and have loose. They are not as detailed as the larger scale models, but I like them, they are fun. My most prized is the Aoshima Airwolf 1/48 Die-Cast. I have a 1/18 scale Knight Rider K.I.T.T. from Joyride but it's boxed up for a decade now so I'm probably going to put kitt on the for sale shelf soon.