Did you think Cybertron's plot ever made any sense?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, May 24, 2008.

1. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    So I thought about the whole "plot" for TF: Cybertron....

The Autobots must find four Cyber Keys, each key is a tiny fragment of Primus's spark. If this is true, why couldn't Primus just summon the keys for himself without relying on the Autobots to find the keys for him? After all... he's the god with teh POWA! It would have made more sense that way. But simply, there wouldn't be much of a "Quest" plot for the series.

Wow, I think I just turned something hard into something easy.

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I think its because without the keys he didnt have "TEH POWA" you speak of as his spark was incomplete, therefore he couldnt do it himself.
    Thats how I read it anyway.

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Primus according to the multiverse continuty hasbro and simon furman have adapted exists simultaneously in all universes as one entity.

I think the best way to put it is to make annalogy from lord of the rings for a bit: primus's spark is like butter stretched over the bread is equal to parallel universe's cybertrons and the more bread that needs to be covered the less butter is available to taste good i.e. be a super powerful god of the universe that can hurl moons at planet sized starscream.

The reason primus works like this mostly has to do with how the creator has chosen to combat unicrons ability to jump between universes.

So the autobots have to gather the cyber planet keys and activate the omega lock to pull primus's spark closer to that reality in a galactic effort to stop the unicronian black hole from bringing the end to everything.

makes sense to me.

4. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

what i thought pegged the stupid dope meter was the "inability" of the Transformer "GOD" to shut down one black hole?/
    Huh?
    WTF is that all about?
    cannot deal with a spacial cluster F?
    that made no sense...anyway i did kinda like the way the ships made Primus one hell of a PIMP blaster to use....that rocked....

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    To answer the thread title: Nope.

6. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    did you just compare primus to butter on bread??? that is awsome lol

as long as it doesn't get cooked you are safe from the might that is Ramjet

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    The black hole was not a normal black hole, as it was the result of Unicron's spark causing the sun Primus created in the final episode of Energon to collapse

Apparently it is within Autobot science (at least in the Cybertron series) to shut down a regular, natural black hole.

Unicron Singularity

Before any fanboy of the Galaxy Force sub gets all upset that this was not the case in the GF series, the series was apparently originally planned this way, and in any case TakaraTomy have since retconned Galaxy Force to match the American continuity, so any arguments that Cybertron screwed up Galaxy Force are now pointless.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Just watch the series and then complain, folks!

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It made sense they went on a quest to find 4 keys toi stop a blackhole, Hey when you have a blackhole sucking all the planets in. and Badass and ******ed Decepticons in your way, What do you do, you'll try anything,

Cybertron doesn't suck....very much.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The show was crap IMO, animation was better than Energon, but the dialog was just the same shit.
    Now, if you wanna talk about that club comic, prose, or the extended bios on the toy packaging and Hasbro's site? THOSE were worth a read. Force of Habit is one of my favorite stories in the TF lore EVER.
    DN

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Cybertron is awesome! That's all you need to know.:rock 

12. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Cybertron wasn't too bad...after watching Energon. I was just glad Prime wasn't yelling like a Power Ranger anymore.

But no one expects good stories and dialogue from Japan. They're visual masters and nonsensical writers. Everyone knows that.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  13. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I think basically, no, it didn't make any sense whatsoever.

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there was a plot? a-hah.

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Agreed. I sort of lost track after the first few episodes.

16. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

For all of those who say it doesn't make sense...

There's this little plot twist in all continuities where giant walking/talking/problem-solving(i.e. logically thinking) robots are trying to save the Universe, and can transform into common objects to "blend in" with society...but then that makes perfect sense ^^

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Actually, considering we're talking about Transformers, it does make perfect sense.

Cybertron's plot hoever seemed like it wanted to say so it stretched itself out far more than it needed to be, and then at the end it's so sad about leaving it has to be all dramatic about it.

18. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

As somewhat mentioned already, I recall they said something in the show to the effect that Primus's spark is also his POWA! So with the four keys (parts of his spark) being spread out across the universe, he didn't have teh POWA to just summon them back and wouldn't have that ability until all four keys were reunited. Probably didn't help that Gigantion and the key on that planet had ended up in an alternate universe making them more difficult to reach. As we saw however, once the Autobot's reclaimed the keys and Omega Lock from Galvatron, Primus was able to summon them back and use his restored power to close the Unicron Singularity.

So I'd have to say yes, the plot of Cybertron did make sense.

19. Jetstreamx

Jetstreamx Lord Jettington

It had its moments of confusion, but overall I understood it well enough to get the idea. I just kinda wish it had nothing to do with the rest of the Unicron trilogy, but meh. I'll live.