Did You or Other Fans Get Mad When They Began Reissuing G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Dec 28, 2006.

1. betetta

betetta guitar face

actually, i'm mad about reissues stopping, having thm again would be a huge blessing.

2. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I was pleased to the reissues overall buy I had some annoyances also.

1. Distribution
    2. Alterations: I did not like the long missles the seekers came with.
    3. Prices: I understand they were exclusives but most people I know, myself included, refused to pay $35 plus taxes for a reissue of Prowl.

3. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I love reissues. More over, I love the idea of reissues. It gives people a chance to get stuff they werent able to afford as kids. It's also a big pointy stick shoved at the people who collect them just for their monetary value. I loved them for their looks, feel, and engineering, not for their monetary worth.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Reissues were awesome! They need to start doing them again. I mean, I've got guys I never thought I'd be able to afford -like Star Convoy, Stepper, Soundblaster & Twin Cast- and I got guys that I always loved, but refused to pay vintage -aka scalper- prices for. There are some that I'll have to break down and buy vintage -like I did Jetfire- but the reissues were really nice. Especially the TFC and other Takara ones.

My only real grip with them was that the HCS guys had to conform to child safety laws and that meant either elongating some of the missiles or removing the launching mechanism. That and the HCS' were a bit pricey at TRU all things considered, but they still beat paying close to $70+ for some of them.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I also was not remotely mad. Well, untill I saw the prices that is. :p 

I honestly never collect things because of what they might be worth someday. I only buy the stuff I think look cool.

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I only got mad because I never found Optimus Prime and settled paying $40 for Ultra Magnus. I'm not much of a G1 toy fan though so I didn't really care if the line was there or not.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I was mad at myself for not buying Wave I and II the only time I ever had them in my hands.

8. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not mad at all. I don't equate reissues with vintage bots, and I would prefer to have a worn original than a fresh reissue. It may also be possible that the release of the reissues actually caused vintage prices to drop, due to the fact that some people would prefer to buy the new reissue vs. a vintage item.

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Overall, I was very very happy with the reissues. Why pay $40 for an incomplete, used Sideswipe when I can spend the same amount of $$ and get a brand new one faithful to the original along with a nifty collector's box?

I was generally happier with the Takara reissues as they were 99% faithful to the original figures, but the Hasbro ones were nice as well, but those modifications were the calling card of NOT THE ORIGINAL.

Besides, why be pissed? There are soooo many G1 TF's that will never make it to the reissue phase - Wheeljack and Sunstreaker, for example.

10. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Nope, I was ecstatic. Still am. Just wish they'd reissue the Dinobots!

11. Emerald Twilight

Emerald Twilight Banned

I did find some G1 fans who were angry at the reissues, but mainly comic shop owners. I find that these types generally want Transformers to have died in the 80's. They don't want it to live on as it should. They would rather find joy in remembering what it was, instead of what it has become in its lengthy evolution.

But these types are also the ones who I've heard complain that kids shouldn't be allowed to buy Transformers.