Did You or Other Fans Get Mad When They Began Reissuing G1?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Corbet, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I wasn't really a big reader of the Transformers forum back when Takara began TFC and Hasbro began doing the TRU Reissues. I'm just curious if you or any other fans became made over the whole thing because previously they had to spend tons of cash completing their G1 collection.

I could almost understand being mad. If I spent a ton of money getting a complete or mint G1 figure then a few months down the road find out it is being reissued for a fraction of what I paid I'd probably be pretty mad. Was this ever the case?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Not really. I was happy to have the TFC reissues.

I was a tiny bit irked by the Predaking reissue, but I got over that quickly since it wasn't a part of the TFC line.

I've slowed down my original G1 buying a lot because I'm hoping they'd be reissued somewhere down the line.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    why should i be mad abt other ppl getting a better chance to acquire stuff?

i spent 80 bucks on a complete g1 hound a few months before he was reissued btw.

you dont have to be a good samaritan or something to be considerate.

4. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I peed my pants when TFC released Hound.

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Nope, because I had no G1 figures before the reissues. I don't have the resources to buy vintage toys (with the exception of a Blitzwing and Inferno I found at a flea market for $10).

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope, the reissues were great for me, I was able to get figures i never thought I'd be able to get at a reasonable price. If I HAD previously spent a ton of money on vintage figures, I still wouldnt be mad, I'd probably just buy the reissue anyway, and have a spare.

7. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Meh. I got most of the '84-85 cars for cheaper than the damn reissues anyway. I picked them all up before things got crazy; didn't pay more than $30 for any of them except Trailbreaker, who I spent $40 on just because he was the last one I needed and he was the only one in the room.

I then proceeded to buy virtually all of the TRU G1 reissues anyway, and some of TFC. Can't hurt to have a spare and by then, $30 was cheaper than getting an original in most cases.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I wish Hasbro would stop releasing Transformers already so the stuff I have would become more rare and unique. :ev: 

9. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

I really thing one reason so many older fans collect Transformers is the fact that they are hard to find in prestine collection. Yeah, it's a nostalgia thing, but it's a great feeling to have a rare complete Transformers that goes for alot.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since, personally, I'm more interested in having a G1 toy in good condition than having something inherently rare or valuable, I love reissues.

11. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for them to reissue Star Saber and Victory Leo.....

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

No.

I loved getting stuff I wanted for less than what the G1 stuff was going for.

13. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Since vintage prices prohibited me from getting many of the original G1s I never had, seeing reissues was a godsend.

14. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

I can't see the point of reissues personally.

For me, the point of collecting G1 is to have an original toy that's been around for 20 years or so, even if it's not in perfect condition. Something that's come straight out of a factory in the last month and has no history is frankly boring. The couple of times I've brought reissues, I've sold them on again and gotten an original instead, and been much happier.

And reissues lessen G1. These are fairly fragile and dated toys that got by largely on nostalgia. Because they were relatively scarce and dear, that could be overlooked, but reproduce them, and you take that all away. Remember when having a nice G1 Prowl with an intact roof was something special? Now who gives a rat's arse about Prowl? Same with Stepper, white Astrotrain, Soundblaster, etc etc.

15. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not because it gives me a chance to own a newer version of the toy. For example, I bought an original G1 Soundwave and a few months later, he was reissued.

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I only had a couple vintage G1’s when the reissues started so I was happy to have them.

17. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    very pleased to see the G1's reissued, just mad that I slept on them for soooooo long, now the prices skyrocketed

18. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope...The only thing that got me flustered was wondering weather or not to buy a certain item on ebay or at a convention, or to wait and see if it gets reissued. Since the reissues have seemed to have grinded to a halt as of late, I have resumed my ebaying of G1.

19. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I didn't mind the reissues at at all. It allowed me to get a few items that would have been out of reach otherwise. My only "problem" lies with the Hasbro reissues and the new "safety-regulation" styled missiles, projectiles and such. Which makes me wish I had imported more of the TFC reissues, instead of going with the Hasbro counterparts.

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Stop trolling -TFW2005 Staff.