Did you have a Paypal problem with Hasbrotoyshop? Were you able to get it fixed?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by *Deathblade, Dec 18, 2008.

1. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

Around 2 months ago, when cyclonus and hound and such were made available for preorder on hasbrotoyshop, they still had the paypal option. Then when you tried to use it, you got an error message, saying it couldnt process your order. Little did I, and probably many others here (judging from the posts in that thread) know, it was still processing the CHARGE to paypal.

So basically you got a charge for nothing. Luckily I only pressed the button once, and didnt refresh or try again after the error message, because that would have been more charges.

Basically I have been going round and round with HTS the last two months trying to get my 120 bucks back..I also talked with paypal, but they cant do much, as it is a pending charge, and it is just stuck in pending.

I know I wasnt the only one that had this problem, so TFW, what is your status on this one? Have you had any luck getting your refund? My latest status that supervisors are "looking into" my claim.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I did a preorder on the SE Deluxe figs back in September and paid with Paypal. They didn't charge to my account until early this month when they shipped my figures. I didn't have to deal with getting a refund or anything.

It seems weird that they would already charge your Paypal account considering how it went for me. I was under the impression that they would only ever charge your Paypal once they are sending out items.

3. *Deathblade

this particular quirk started around the end of october, if you notice, they dont take paypal anymore. Basically once you make an order, the whole thing goes into pending for a few days, then as your items ship out, you are charged. Seeing as the HTS site was screwed up, there were never any items to ship. The order never fully processed on the HTS, other than taking my money outta paypal, that is.

4. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So they took your money and haven't indicated that they shipped you anything?

5. *Deathblade

short answer, yes

After the error, I payed using my card, and got the order that way, but paypal money is still unaccounted for.

6. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Back with SDCC, they sold some items on the site which I used Paypal to pay. The site was bogged down and I thought I had submitted twice and it showed some duplicate amounts were pending. I watched my Paypal account to make sure there were no erroneous charges.

In the end, the correct items were charged and shipped. The duplicate pending charges had disappeared. They never charged my account until the items were processed and shipped. I guess I was lucky.

7. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    i used the paypal plug in they offer to generate one time Credit card #'s when i place orders...HTS drop kicked 3 orders i had saying that it declined..other sites i ordered with the same day had no problem...i called and changed the billing CC to my checking account debit visa...let the other order cancel....freaking HTS is a giant TOOL that needs to get their shit fixed...it is annoying as F that a company that large cannot get modern technology to do simple shit like taking a order over the internet and placing the order and billing your CC...OFTCC is another company that has improper, old outdated technology that drives me freaking NUTS! also...

but that is a whole other story....faxes for botcon reservations! ugh!