Did you have a letter published in the UK G1 Marvel comic?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ninety, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I think I may have had two, but I'm sure of one of them. It was printed when the letters page was Grim-Grams, I suggested that Grimlock get Ratchet and Wheeljack to re-engineer the Dinobots to be combiners. I'd worked out why each Dinobot should be each limb (i.e. Slag as an arm due to his flamethrowing abilities), Grimlock didn't take kindly to this idea though!

A few weeks later someone else wrote in agreeing that it was a good idea, Grimlock threatened to seek me out and squish me if he heard it again!

I won a Streetwise for having my letter printed.

I've got the comics on CD, but only a few of the letters pages.

I have two questions:

Is anyone currently reading these comics? If so, could you please scan or photo my letter if you come across it? My name is Steven Gray if that helps. Even the issue no.s for the two letters would be great.

Some sort of TF related item to anyone that can help, I've always got something lying around.

Also, are you the kid that wrote in agreeing with me? I think it would be kinda cool to find you here after all those years!

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

If you could provide an issue number, that would probably be helpful.

3. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I remember that letter lol

I'm sure I've read it recently - I'll have a look through what I have....

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Afraid I don't have a clue, I wasn't expecting anyone to search through the comics, just hoping to get lucky that someone may have read it recently, or be reading them just now and could keep an eye out for it.

5. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could have a dig through my surviving comics and see if I can find it. :)  I have vague recollections of reading your letter some 20 years ago actually!

6. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Thanks man, very much appreciated, even if it's the issue no. so I can buy the right one. I'll get around to buying them all again, but so many toys to get first!

7. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    If you don't mind, that would be really cool, still kick myself for selling mine when I thought I was too old for them, stupid stupid boy :banghead: 

I had a vague recollection at first, but the neural pathways connected over time eventually recovering the memory! Sweet you remember it too :thumb 

I think I had another published when it was Soundwaves, but I'm not sure, and have no idea what it would have been about.

8. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I've got a couple hundred of the UK issues, I'll check out the Grim Grams ones and let you know if I find it!

Any excuse to flick through them again, heheheh

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    loved the UK letter col! i dont live in UK but thx to commonwealthship (yay, western oppressors!) would get BOTH uk and us comics. good time were had taking the bus to town to get me fave comics every fortnight.

sigh.

10. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Know how you feel, I've just re-read/watched my CD copies, which inspired me to ask if anyone could find my letter. Never get tired of them, find though that my buying is influenced by who I have just read about!

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    There's a Stephen Gray in issue 134 (Head Hunt Part 2). Transfans has a pretty good set of scans for the letters pages.
    I was printed in Dread Tidings myself. :) 

12. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I remember that letter too - I thought it was a great idea ^^

A friend of mine had his letter printed - I can't believe how excited we both were at the time....

13. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, that's me as an eleven year old, some 21 years ago!

Surprised I remembered the letter so well; apart from the Ratbat bit, didn't realise Transfans had these scans of the letters pages, now all I've got to do is track down the other kid's letter which should be pretty easy to do.

My next purchase will be issue 134, but it may have to wait until next month if I buy the 2-up G2 Bruticus I'm considering, I've already spent this month's TF budget!

If you PM me your address I'll pop something TF related in the post for you, you've saved me waiting till I eventually buy the comics again.

I love TFW2005, ask and ye shall receive (an answer)!

EDIT: PS Who did you get for having your letter published? I was really happy as a child to get my letter printed, the toy was just a bonus. Probably happier now though on rediscovering it!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008
  14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    No need to send me goods - I knew where some scans were already and it was the fifth one I clicked on, so I didn't even have to search long. Just doing my citizenly duty. :) 

As for what I got for having my letter printed, I can't for the life of me remember. I do have a sneaking suspicion it might've been a Special Teams limb though.

15. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    My heartfelt thanks again then, if I ever see you at Botcon or a UK meet, beers are on me man :drunk 

16. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Aha! Beer! Beer is good. :) 

I wonder if it would be possible to locate through messageboards everyone that had a letter printed in the UK Marvel TF comic. The ones that haven't perhaps passed away, that is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.