Did you guys ever had What if moments?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Aug 19, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I was wondering if u guys ever had Moments where you ask what if certain thing had or had not happened, like what if you were brony with the opposite gender or what if you didnt existed at all, or what if you didnt had doen such thing etc etc

i had alot of what if moments somethings i wonder what life would have been if i was not born at all or what if i was born with the opposite genr i also have more hwat if moments

what about you?

2. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

Sometimes I wonder how much money I would have if I never bought any Transformers... Sometimes I wonder if I didnt get drunk while my ex was over would I have not thrown my vaccume across the room... And sometimes I really wonder, if I had not eatten mushrooms that one night, I dont think I would have ever met the woman I am now married to...

And then I wonder if I could do it all again, would I do it differently? No fuckin' way!! :rock 

3. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    My usual what if's mainly revolve around what I would be like if I was transported to different worlds of different Anime series.

Fighting Goku from Dragonball Z, learning Ninjutsu with Naruto and Kakashi from Naruto, Gaming with Konata from Lucky Star etc...

Endless possibilitys and what if's...

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I can't stand "what if" questions. It's irrelevant. There's no knowing the outcome of any scenario that never happened.

5. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    What about scenarios that have happened?

6. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I have this all the time. Too many too remember. It's just a normal situation for me.

7. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

8. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I'm not fucking apologizing after this. Yes. A lot. A whole fucking lot. A lot of moments.

9. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Apologize for that remark!

10. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I always question my decisions and what would happen if certain people never existed.

11. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Your answer:

[​IMG]

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yup, all the time. But not 'oh if it happened this or that way, my life would be better' but rather how 'precarious' our own position is.

These are a few I've thought about.

-If my Gran didn't sell Lychee fruit in town in HK New Territories she wouldn't have had the money to send her kids to school.

-If that happened my Dad wouldn't have been educated enough to emmigrate to the UK. If either my Mum or Dad didn't come over from HK in the 60's they would never have met in english class over here. (*GASP* Immigrants in ENGLISH CLASS IN ENGLAND?! It does happen people!) Anyway, I would not exist.

-If I were more sporty when I was a wee lad, I would not have taken up Karate at 15 or so, and because I've learned so much mentally and physically from martial arts I would be a completely different person.

-If I excelled at school I wouldn't have dropped out of 1st year Uni, gone into Architecture and met the girl who would introduce me to her twin sister who now carries my child.

-If I hadn't seen the review of Super Fire convoy on IGN I wouldn't have got back into TFs. I'd probably be a big Star Wars fan though, so Hasbro would still get my money.

So take the 'ar' out of precarious and what do you have? 'Precious'.

Because the fact that you are the way you are right now is a miracle of past events and circumstance, and that's precious. Don't waste your time thinking 'what if I could have had more/been better' and focus on what you have now and what you can build from these foundations.

IMO.

13. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

-What if I had decided to talk to my ex during our break-up rather than walking away from each other? We still be nice to each other I say.

-What if I had moved to Seattle 3 years ago? Me and my ex would had never dated. Hah!

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I often wonder how my life would be, had I decided to buy that TM Rattrap on clearance when I had the chance. Not so much because of how the toy itself would've impacted my life, but more so because the ripple effect theories & whatnot interest me.

15. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I believe you have to say What if in life. My family hate when i say it when were discussing something bad that's happening in our lives. Like when my nan had a brain tumor, the day before she went to have surgery my mum wasn't sure she wanted to go to the hospital. she was really scared that her mum was having this operation to the point where she couldn't face seeing her. I looked at her and said what if. I didn't even need to finish the sentence because she knew what i was saying. Her mum could've have died and she wouldn't have been there to say goodbye. But we all went and my nan was fine.

I find it easier to say what if. You may not not what's going to happen but you know that something else could happen, whether it's good or bad. You should always expect the unexpected.

16. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I wonder what would happen if I had turned out more like my Normal sister. She gave up toys and dolls and all the fun stuff at a very early age and got so serious that its scary sometimes.

I also wonder what it would have been like to be one of the maybe not the super popular kids but the ones who seem to get along with everone in highschool and did not tease other stundents. I was bullied alot from 3rd grade to 12th so I just wonder if school would have been better or what.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It is better to dissassmble and assess potential outcomes BEFORE we make our decisions, than to mull over "what ifs". What is, and what might be will help us far more than obsessing over what might have been, and in most cases now can never be.

Every event in our lives is the convergence of literally dozens of events and decisions, some within our control and many others that aren't. What if you weren't born? Well, then you wouldn't exist and you wouldn't be around to worry about the impact of your existence, good or bad. What if you had given a relationship another chance? It might be pessimistic, but people breaking up usually have a reason, and its just as likely it just would have prolonged the relationship until a later breakup. etc. etc. etc.

18. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    What if I never entered this thread? Would I have not questioned my entire existance?!

Someone had to say that one, haha! But yeah, I have waaaaaay too many what if talks.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

"What if" can apply to everything. Head will explode with too much whatiffing.

20. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I like questioning the small things that we do in our life. Like for example, what if I did not click on this thread, or what if I did not post this. Perhaps my actions right now are preventing a fatal car crash that I could be involved in later...