Did you ever want to stick rub signs or Decepticon symbols on random objects?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was playing/opening some G1 stuff today. SDCC Soundwave was the latest. So it's a tape deck/recorder or whatever. That's not the point. But I was looking at him next to Megatron and was thinking, if TFers were real, those symbols and or rubsigns would be a dead give away.

So it got me thinking, it would be kind of funny to just put rub symbols or faction symbols on random shit so TF fans around the world would just give it a second look. Like for instance, your walking through Best Buy and all the sudden one of the TVs has a Decepticon symbol on it. For a quick second, you'd be like, wtf....? Nah, it's not real. But for a mere split second you would think, oh shit, is this thing transforming and killing us all?

This could kinda be like planking (which was retarded in my opinion), but for TF fans. People can take pictures and post them as they find these items scattered through out the world, country or state. Like a TFers treasure hunt.

So is this retarded, or kind of an amusing idea? Ignoring the fact that some one will say this is vandalism. But the smaller symbols would be easy to get off. It's not like it is spray paint.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes and there's nothing wrong with that.

It IS petty vandalism, however. But honestly, I've noticed Decepticon sigils in daily life and it always gives me a little bit of a smile. So go for it. If you feel bad about "defacing" something, use spraychalk or static-cling stickers or magnets or something nonpermanent.

3. McSoundwave

McSoundwave Soundwave superior!

Yeah, I've thought of that too (haven't done it though). I guess we're both geeks. :lol  But yeah, seeing random faction symbols and/or rub symbols on miscellaneous items would cause me to double-take for sure.

I also regularly imagine vehicles transforming as I pass by. In particular, construction vehicles. I envision them merging into Devastator right before my eyes and I wonder just how big he'd be in "real life". Geezus I'm a goober! :lolol 

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I actually carry around a full set of reprolabels factions symbols (in their various options, chrome, clear etc...) for just this reason. Sort of. I say sort of because I never know when I might find something of mine that I'll want to slap a logo on. Mostly things like laptop, external hard drive, cell phone, etc. I suppose slapping a sticker on something random wouldn't be too offensive since they are easily removeable, but I would want to cause a Ruckus.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I do this too! Especially when they're green like the toy was. Seriously, we actually have some green construction vehicles. Go figure.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    The funny thing is, there is a construction site around here. I would love to break in and spray paint Decepticon symbols on all of the correct ones.

I bet the guys on the crew would even get a kick out of it.

BTW, what random stuff have you guys seen Decepticon logos on? I have only seen it on cars.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Let's just say because of someone with a sharpie (not me, I swear), I can tell that my workplace supports the glorious Decepticon empire.

Other than that, cars, dumpsters, the occassional wall...

8. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    i have i stuck one on my phone! but the sticker from rts line stikers sucks!
    it did not work

9. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I threw one on my truck, and my arm, and would gladly put them on everything i own if I ever bought decent tiny ones.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, I am talking about vandalizing the world with them. Your school chalkboard. The grocery stores freezer, etc.

So other people see em, besides you.

11. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yea I'm good with that too. Could hop on the passive-aggressive political bandwagon of putting names under STOP on stop signs and slap a Con logo on it instead.

12. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    that reminds me of a construction machine that was on a flatbed i saw. i was headin home one day and i saw a huge construction machine being transported and i saw a little black deception insignia and i yelled "constructicons!" :lol 

but that would be hilarious to put rub signs on random things. i'd love to sneak around bestbuy and put one on every appliance and walk out whistling innocently