Did you Almost Died???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Apr 23, 2011.

1. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Ok, I'm going to admit I haven't read back through all of this thread, I intend to now but, being a father, this brought tears to my eyes. I have no other words.

2. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, surprised at how many here have had a brush with death.

Me, well I've had a couple scares. Once, when I was real young, I had a bad seizure and stopped breathing. It happened when my dad was on a trip to Japan for business. Needless to say, my mom almost died as well. I recovered before making it to the hospital and they never could figure out why it happened. Freak incident. Another time, I had a golfball size lump come up on my neck over the course of like an hour. When we got to the emergency room, there was a real fear I got bit by a poisonous spider or had a really bad illness. I was rushed into surgery to have it taken out. Turns out it was an infected lymph node. They also didn't know what caused that. First they said cat scratch fever, than a bad reaction to a spider bite. Been healthy since, thank god. Have had a few bad injuries, but nothing life threatening.

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh man those cranes scare me. I hated having to lift the coils from the back of the rows. I did get my hand semi smashed moving a coil from a reactive movement. Hand was fine but when I got a x-ray for my thumb I had a literal perfect circle of white in my palm. Since I was there for the thumb and an emergency came in I never found out what that was.

4. MegaScreamtron

MegaScreamtron Decepticon

Walking out of Target the other day, was looking at the stuff inside the bag, didn't look both ways, car almost hits me but thank goodness the honking of the horn was there, one more step I would've gotten hit..

5. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

Back in 1997 I was stabbed in the back by my ex-boyfriend but I surivived and I was reformatted and now my back is better than ever

6. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    One fateful night I drove along a road without streetlights and the roadworks was messing up the lanes, with no proper signages of road diversions. I end up at the opposite lane/direction with a T junction 1 mile ahead. Its pitch dark and I can see the cars from that junction were slowly heading towards me as their headlights blinded me. My instinct took over and I reverses as quick as I could. Only when I'm out of danger, I found out I was way off course for more than 100 feet.

Its just seconds away before a real head-on collision.

7. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    More times then I really want to admit. i was a danger to be around really. Let's see, one of the ones that sticks out for me was the time I had a couch catch me at the base of my neck falling from the second story of an apartment building. That just knocked me flat but could've snapped my neck. I was driving on I-26 near UNCA and hit an overpass that had black ice on it doing 60. The car turned sideways and only by sheer luck didn't flip when I hit the dry pavement on the other side. When I was eleven I landed basically face first while playing around on the parallel bars and watched my feet land flatfooted in front of me, ended up with a severely jammed neck (that should have snapped my neck too.) I guess I'm here for something and I haven't done it yet. My friends call me dense but they spell it dents.

8. Sunstorm202

Sunstorm202 TF2er

Whoa, same here man, same here

9. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Myself and the other 4 members of my family are airplane crash survivors.

10. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

One time when i was little i hit my head on the brick ground part of a fireplace and seeing as little kids cry about scrapes or things like that you think i would be bawling......... No i got back up and didn't notice. I went to the hospital, Got sticthes, And they say they could see my skull it was that bad. I still have a tiny mark on my forehead and now to this day have a very hard head.

11. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD All are dead, yes?

I... choked on a dorito when I was two.My mom pulled it out of my throat just in time.

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    i have ALMOST choked with Doritos too

13. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

Do a search for Parents worst nightmare and it should come up.Its almost been 2 years to the day.

14. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I did......but I got much much better.

15. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I was almost hit by an SUV that ran a red light in NYC. I didn't see him because he didn't have his lights on and it was at night and the SUV was black.

Idk if I would have been killed or not.

16. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    Untreated deep venous thrombosis developed into a pulmonary embolism, I had to spend the last couple of weeks in a hospital bed.

17. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    i fell down the bottom of dovedale cliff once (all i can remember is looking up and seeing 2 shadowy figures who i later found out were my grandad and my cousin looking for me)

also i made a stupid mistake and tested a scene off the simpsons (when homer puts the fork in the toaster) the electricity went off and my nan and grandad said if they didn't buy the power surge protectors then i would have died :( 

18. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

When i was 2 my dad used be into model Airplanes. He would hang them in my room. I would wake up in the middle of the night and climb on my dresser and wardrobe and get them down and play with them.

For some reason only known to my 2 year old brain i decided that pulling off the bombs and shoving them up my nose was a good idea. Luckily my Dad heard me climbing and was ready to whup my ass because he found me blue on the floor. He freaked out and slapped my back. Apparently that was the best thing as it dislodged the bomb and it traveled lower into my throat. I got sent to the hospital and was operated on.

Kids are stupid.

One time in 95 i climbed to the top of a very tall Oak tree. Me being clumsier than Jar Jar Binks, I fell when a branch snapped. I fell around 20ft and landed right on top of my head. I was Ko-ed for about 20 minutes. I don't think i almost died that time but it was bloody scary. I was 14 at the time and too scared to tell my Mum so i had to deal with a sore neck and back for a month.

19. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I caught swine flu about a year and a half ago. I'd had all sorts of illnesses before, the common ones mainly like ear infections and chicken pox and normal flus, but this was probably the closest I'd ever come to dying from an illness. Between going to school that day and having a dozen people tell me I looked like I was going to die any minute as I struggled to keep going, to nearly passing out during my drive home, to shivering the entire night half-delirious with a 105 degree fever while every part of my body felt like it had been hit by a car, that was pretty much the only time I've ever seriously thought to myself "hospitalization and death are actually a possibility here."

I was out of commission for 10 days, and I don't think I've ever been as sick as I was then. If that particular illness rears its head again, get your vaccinations folks.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Welcome to the club.Now you get the joy of going on blood thinners and having your blood drawn constantly,but hey,it could've been a lot worse.