did ultra magnus die in transformers animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, May 24, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

question

during animated season 3 shockwave used the magnus hammer on ultra magnus and left him in a near death like coma

what would have become of his person throughout season 4?

to be honest i actually think it would have made sense if magnus's death scene were to be explored in a sacrificail kind of way

the basic idea being that with the help of the elite guard scientists jazz and ratchets a very much battle damaged optimus would manage to bring magnus online enough for him to come out of his coma for a very brief period of time in which magnus and optimus would make their peace with eachother while magnus is on his death bed while optimus informs magnus of the current situation concerning megatron's deadly upgrade into a triple changer with ultra magnus giving his authority for optimus to be upgraded with the equally experimental powermaster combiner technology

but with the dieing magnus taking the matter one step further with optimus in talking prime into merging thier sparks together so that while magus would himself die his intelligence , wisdome, knowledge and life experieince would live on through optimus prim's person due to optimus havign inherited all of that from ultra magnus due to the spark merge

while the powermaster body combiner tech upgrade would give prime a greater level of firepower body armor and raw strength equal to megatron it would be what he gained from ultra magnus through the spark merge that would truly make the differance in making optimus a true equal to megatron all together

with ultra magnus's lifeless body itself being taken apart completely melted down recast and used as a freshly built set of parts to create optimus primes news body from

for all intents and purposes it would be acase of the dieing mentor sensai literally living on through his studen du to the fact that ulta magnus would continue to exist as a living being as a portion of optimus primes being in mind in body as well as in spirit

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He was alive at the end of the series, but on spark support. So as of right now, yes, he's still alive.

The botcon comic has a chance to touch on his fate, but if it doesn't, then he's still on spark support until more fiction comes along and changes that.

The rest of your post? I don't think merging sparks works like that, and the powermaster armor was built for Sentinel (in fact, they wanted to sentinel deluxe toy to be able to fit in it because of this). Optimus would have "borrowed" it.

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I believe it was confirmed (in the Allspark Almanac?) that had there been a Season 4, Magnus would have been shown to be dead. So, it really depends on whether or not you count that as "official" canon.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    He would have gone offline in Season 4 had it been made. My Guess Sentinel wanted to stay Magnus and have him go offline. Basically what Cartman did to Kenny in South Park.

5. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    After seeing TF: Prime, I could imagine the Sentinel/Magnus situation to be kinda like Prime's Starcream/Megatron one.

Sentinel brings in a barely-adequate 'doctor' and says "Do what you can for him ... not TOO much." :) 

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    More reason I wish Sentinel and Screamer could've had episode dedicated to them since they were so similar.

As for UM, he would've gone offline eventually. Makes me ponder about something...

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    The Allspark Almanac's outline of Season 4 would've been Magnus having died and Sentinel becoming Magnus. Optimus would still be on Earth, though he'd have "borrowed" a Powermaster upgrade to stand more equally with Megatron, who also would've upgraded into a gorgeous triple changer.

Sari and Bulkhead wouldn't be members of Optimus' team, instead moving onto Cybertron, with Jazz and Ironhide taking their places.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The most frustrating thing about Animated is that we never got to see Sentinel Prime get his just desserts. What a fucking twat he was.

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    We kind of did if you notice that look of frustration he had when Optimus came back to Cybertron.

10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow I missed alot of season 3 it seems. Didnt know there was power master armor or that megs would become a triple changer?! were prototypes ever made?

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

12. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

for megatron
    Browsing deviantART
    looks like they put a bit of godmaster overlord into the design

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    actually he is based on B.M. megatron.

14. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Fixed. Season 4 wasn't made.

The Almanac has the resin prototype for Megatron and the CGI workup for Powermaster Prime.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I wished we got the powermaster prime. but we only have a solidworks representation.

16. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah, was under the impression these things were hinted at in season 3. Havent seen 3 yet since i havent the patience to watch on youtube...

17. DecepticusPrime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what was megatrons 2nd and 3rd modes meant to be?

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

doublebarroled quad treaded heavy armored high speed ramming battle tank and cybertronian bomber jet fighter

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ground thingy and air thingy. :)