Did they make KOs of Siren, Nightbeat, and Hosehead?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by mineraljane, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    I'm not understanding this and could use some help. This auction has Siren, Nightbeat, and Hoeshead listed as new in their plastic inserts. In the questions and answers in the auction, the seller states that he has a set himself and he purchased them from a toy shop.

How could there be more than one set? Are these just original figures resealed in plastic inserts or did they make KOs of them at some point? Curious if anyone has run across these before.

2. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Siren and Nightbeat had K.O.'s Hosehead im not sure of but i wouldn't doubt it...

But those do look like the real deal Headmaster Juniors.

3. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

I think they are real anyway ... and I'm fecking gutted that I'm strapped for cash or I would have put a bid in...

4. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I was wondering the exact same thing and almost posted it here yesterday. That's not the first set of those 3 on sealed cards but without the box that seller has sold either, I saw a set go about a month ago!

5. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    If they are KO, I've never seen them. Look real, but I don't know...

If they are sealed, why is Hosehead missing the guns?

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Same pics?

7. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

8. mineraljane

News Credits:
    To make it even weirder, I actually bid on the set that I posted above but didn't win. I just checked my eBay account and there is a 'second chance offer' from him for the same set. He says that he has another and that he would sell it to me at the price I bid.

So that makes at least 4 sets of these, then? I've been looking for these three figures, but something doesn't feel good about this deal.

9. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    could be warehous finds but thenthe boxes should have been present. Unless the boxes were so badely damadged that it was no point in having them in the auction.

10. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    hmmmm same pics and auction info as before...I smell scam!
    plus i didn't realize hosehead didn't have his guns....

11. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    I know a seller in japan who ended up with a ton of these a good 6 months ago, as far as I know they are legit

12. mineraljane

News Credits:
    So, would you all go for these three for $130 shipped? That seems like a good deal as long as they are legitimate.

13. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Sometimes dead stock turns up, but the boxes are really messed up or water damaged, and they ditch the boxes and just sell the inner contents. That's probably what happened here.

What knockoffs are you talking about? As far as knockoffs that look just like the originals, there are no knockoff Headmaster Juniors. There are licensed Chinese versions from the early 1990's, but those are not knockoffs. More info here:

http://www.allspark.com/index.php/2...arly-1990-s-Chinese-G1-Transformers-Toys.html

14. mineraljane

News Credits:
    I knew I had seen that somewhere before. Thanks for posting it, Might Gaine!

I asked the seller too and his story seemed to fit with the premise that the boxes were too damaged to sell.

15. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I won a set a while ago from that seller. They are legit, trust me. I cannot remember the exact reasoning but the boxes were damaged. Hosehead's weapons are not packaged inside the bubble that is why they were not included. I remember asking why anyone would throw out the boxes with the weapons inside and got no response but they are for real. I got mine without a hitch for around $100.

16. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

there was a guy trying to sell a set of these on taiwan auction sites over and over but nobody ever bid, they were the exact same three sealed on card.

china had a "clone" style squeezeplay bootleg but it had a weird sticker on the head and came on a decorated flat card, never seen any "clone" copies of the autobot headmasters.

17. joopsta

joopsta loves Animated

News Credits:
    Sorry wrong thread

18. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, notably the buyer of the February set though hasn't left feedback yet for them. That's not exactly comforting...

19. mineraljane

News Credits:
    Well, I took the offer. I made sure to use a credit card in case things went sour, but I've been messaging back and forth with the seller and he seems like a good fellow. I'm definitely excited for Nightbeat.

20. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

The closest knock off I have seen of the junior headmasters was one of Minerva a few months back. If I wasn't broke at the time I would have made a bid on it, as it was going for a fairly cheap price. These guys are to expensive for what they are IMO. I have a Siren complete except for his little side guns which are reproductions I bought on Ebay from some seller. On a somewhat related note, I wish reprolabels would get around to making some stickers for these guys, (as well as more G1 figures in general), as opposed to wasting time and money making those lame movie stickers. My Siren could use some fresh ones.:(