did they ever explore Sixshot's origins as a sixchanger?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Feb 28, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

the reason i ask that question is because i have always been curiouse about his character origins in the transformers mythos

2. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

his just megatrons six changin one bot army of ass kicking period.

3. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I've never given it much thought, but maybe he's a "mutant" like Blitzwing in the DW G1 comics?

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He's probably the product of an experiment, perhaps one conducted by Shockwave.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    figuring out his orgin is like shootin cyberducks in a barrel

he is galvatron's ninja consultant

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    His origins never got delved into. He simply is Sixshot, a six-changer.

7. 420bot

420bot ******

Actually he was a ninja who had a son, and apparently taught himself how to change into six different forms and in fact can and will add more alt modes to his list from the entire galaxy abroad.

This info is derived from all fiction he's ever been featured in.

8. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Dreamwave was going to delve into it but they went bankrupt before it happened. (*cough*Shockwavewasbehindit*cough*)

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When it came time to scan for an alternate mode, Sixshot's scanner just would... not... STOP!

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It was implied through multiple sources that Sixshot was a result of Shockwave's experimentations with multiple alt. modes for a single robot. From those same experiments came the infamous Duocons (Battletrap and Flywheels) and then the triple changing technology.

Now, where his SON comes from, that remains an unsolvable mystery.

11. Clarke

Clarke New Member

I completely agree with you..When Alternate comes then Sixshot's scanner would not stop...

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing of it is, back in the 80s, G1 fiction didn't treat Transformers with multiple alternate modes as anything special. The Triple Changers were all introduced in the cartoons and comics completely without fanfare, as just normal guys who happened to be able to do that one extra thing, no special origins involved. Likewise, Sixshot only ever got treated as that one dude who could do it six times. It was only when Dreamwave came along that special significance started being appended to these characters, and they were all introduced as the subject of Shockwave's experiments on Transformer mutation and evolution (Blitzwing talked about "extra parts" growing on him, and Shockwave took an interest). Sixshot was about to appear before the company went under.

Japanese fiction touches on it a BIT more, where all the Sixchangers - Sixshot, Sixknight and Greatshot - are members of the "Six Clan" of ninja robots. Japanese fiction was treating transformation as a "learned" process a long time before Beast Machines used the idea, so the idea that a Transformer could "learn" to transform into six different things meant they were a total badass. And it's not like six is their limit - at the end of the Headmasters manga, Sixshot decides he wants to learn to transform into still more things, starting with a human being.

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This is what I've always felt. Never really gave it anymore thought. It's like some Cybertronian engineer decided one day to build a TF with six modes (perhaps he'd done triplechangers and quad changers and so on and was just working through the numbers), did it, and then just moved on, maybe deciding doing one with another six (or seven) was too much effort.

"Bollocks to that. I get paid by the 'bot, not by the alt modes. I'm gonna go create Actionmasters so I get paid more and quicker..." :D 

14. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Also, unless you saw "Rebirth" somewhere other than TV in the 80's, Sixshot was NEVER introduced in Comic or Animated form in the U.S.. The toy just popped into stores and left us to wonder "Who the heck is this guy?".

15. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

I really, really wanted Sixshot to be in Animated, had it continued. I figure since Blitzwing is crazy as hell due to being a triple-changer, Sixshot would be off the walls nuts. Essentially Deadpool as a Transformer.

Come on, Deadpool Sixshot would be absolutely amazing. It's not a very imaginative re-imagining, but who cares? Everybody loves Deadpool.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I recall the concept was raised during the DW run? Shockwave was experimenting with multiple transformations and if I recall, it drive 1 or both Duocons insane?

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I loved the G1 and G2 marvel comics. I loved the G2 Cybertronian concept with all those thousands of Transformer colonies. It's a shame that later series like Armada were seperate continuities rather than following on as it could have led to the idea that new breeds of TF's like Mini-cons and Vehicons could evolve throughout the Cybertronian Empire, even breaking away from it.

Anyway, long story sort (thanks), for a long time that was my canon with things like the various Megatrons being Viceroys on Cybertronian colonies. Given that his six modes suggest a certain evolutionary stepping stone and his similar colour scheme to a lot of Cybertronians in the G2 comics, I like to think that Sixshot was to the G2 Cybertronians what he is to IDW's Decepticons, a living weapon.

However, seeing the Cybertronians eradication of lesser beings as a form of stagnation and lacking real challenge, he becomes disenchanted with the Cybertronian Empire and becomes intrigued by Megatron and the Decepticons and their warrior culture. Some Decepticons would see Sixshot as possibly being the Ultimate Warrior of Legend. I also like to think that legend may have passed on with the Cybertronians' Exodus from Cybertron millenia ago. Sixshot could have been an early 2nd gen Cybertronian.

Anyway, i just wanted to see what you guys thought.

18. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

I like the idea of Triple Changers being evolutionary mutants, extremely rare and gifted individuals who are highly valued and yet also feared and envied amongst TFs, and Six Changers are considered to be the rarest of all.

19. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, Shockwave being behind something in Dreamwave. What a shock.

20. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Son??