Did they change too much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Forceman4077, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I have see and read about FOC I have lost a lot of faith that this will be a better then WFC. It just seems that High Moon is changing too much of what made WFC. I guess that's also part of the problem instead of improving and honing gameplay systems, like most devs do, they have just completely replaced them with another one. It just looks like they have taken out stuff that didn't work super well instead of improving it. Here is my list of thing that they took out/changed that I feel will make this a lesser game then FOC.

-only 4 characters per map in escalation and only 4 abilities = less replay value

-only 1 ability now vs the 2 in WFC = less complexity for long term play

-no killstreak rewards in MP = lessens class distinction

-removed double jump = reduced mobility and verticality in MP *a jump worth the value of the double jump would have been a good change

Overall it just seems like the game has been dumbed down for the "mass consumer" and this is show in how they changed abilities. They said in an interview that they reduced to amount of abilities from 2 to 21 because "people" didn't one or both. Now for me, and maybe some of you, that complexity is what has allowed me to keep playing this game 2 years later.

Just to point out a a note the following paragraph is my biggest issue with FOC

For as much as they added to Escalation, it looks like those few changes will kill it in the long run. As of now I can pick 1 of 13 Autobots and 1 of 12 Decepticons on each map. Going from that to 1 of 4 does nothing more then reduce choice. Also that there are only 4 abilities in all of Escalation sound soo limiting and a bit boring. I can already see people quitting a game immediately because they are forced to play a character they dislike. In WFC if the guy I wanted was gone at least I had a number of other options. Lastly only being able to pick up ammo once per round per spot just SCREAMS trolling. You can not make people play as a team, you can only incentives the hell out of it.

The game as a whole just seems dumbed down from WFC.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Here are my replys to your thoughs

1. 4 Charectors each map and there abilities being more team based builds on esclation instead of having people running around cloaking making it easy for them seleves

2. 2nd ability replaced with dash and sprint I find dash and sprint more helpful then having a 2nd ability that doesnt really help

3.We dont know anything about killstreaks yet we still need to wait since they may not be in the game yet

4. Well maps will most likely be made better to fit the one jump system

5. Where did you find this?

3. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    Im sure they will have killstreaks returning, remember that its just a demo and WFC demo didnt have killstreaks either. I overall love the changes made so far, sacrifice double jump for dash run, disabling the weapon restriction, etc. I am even more stoked over this game now and it seems that they are indeed adding the dinobots in MP, I just watched an interview where the guy from HMS said that they thought that they wouldnt be able to do it but they did so we might be getting more than just swoop playable! unless he was referring to campaign.

4. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    We never know weapons may cost less to upgrade in diffrent classes

5. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    You said it yourself, they kept the stuff that worked great, and got rid of the rest. If I wanted the same stuff, I'd stay with WFC. FOC is giving us new experiences. If they took out double jump, then I'm sure the maps will be tailored for that. We don't even know if weapons are restricted to classes or not, so I don't even know why you bothered making an issue on that one. The only thing I sort of agree with you on is the loss of 2 abilities, but if sprint is implemented well, then I wont complain.

6. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    Weapons ARE tied to a class, if an enemy dies they DO NOT drop there weapon.

7. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Just because we didn't see the kill streak "rewards" doesn't meant that they won't be in the game wen it comes out, remember, the wfc beta had no kill streak rewards but the full game did so I wouldn't get upset just yet

8. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    We are 1 month and a half away from the game launch what they are showing is the final build the work between now and when it goes gold is only bug fixing. I can't see this being the "official mutiplayer reveal" and it not being feature complete.

9. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    No what we were seeing is a demo of multiplayer not the full version kill streaks are probably still be perfected as they are either glitchy or not complete remeber we didnt have killstreaks in the WFC demo and what you just said is like saying that the offical reveal for grimlocks level meant it was complete when it was first revealed

10. Meggamus

They have prob been disabled so that the general public won't get the full experience straight away, they will prob be back in the game for the release

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    The ammo thing I need clarification on. As of now it seems like each character can only get an ammo pickup once in a round or in escalation as a whole. I think you can still buy ammo but if you see one lying around you can only get it once so that players aren't stealing it when they don't need it.

12. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    No thats the thing is you can not buy more ammo once an ammo station has been used by any player. They said they did this to make people work as a team, and had to communicate as to who needs the ammo the most.

However it you play on Live or PSN you know most people don't give a F if someone needs the ammo more then they do.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I agree that it is disappointing that we only get one ability.
    I just hope they have cloaking.

I'll miss you, Nucleon Shock Cannon (Even though Megatron uses it in 'Bee's level).

14. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    Seen cloaking in the multiplayer gameplay & killstreaks may be in the final product.

15. Forceman4077

News Credits:
    Noticed a few more things

-grenades as an ability, really? really?

-and forgive my emotion but WTF are the perks? In the vid when he picked a different character there were no perks shown.

If they really did take out both perks and killstreaks, this MP heavily marked down in reviews. But I hope to god I'm wrong on both of these.

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Wait, you saw Cloaking in MP?? Awesome!

FLASH BANG STUN grenades.

17. UndeadMonkeyGuy

News Credits:
    Perks, perks wherefore art thou.

To be honest the perks in WFC were mostly useless but I did see an option for perks in the Teletran store in a singleplayer demo from E3. So whether they've put them into multiplayer or not is anybodys guess.

18. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I'm scared they might have changed too much but time will tell. I enjoyed the 2 abilities rather than sprint/dash. I can just transform if I want to get anywhere faster. Also don't know about the perks or killstreaks but I hope its just like WFC mp save for the new customization

19. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    it might be me, but do the graphics seem toned down to anyone else? maybe a bit too colorful too? Because it's already making me miss the realistic metallic grey look of WFC.

20. Meggamus

The campaign looks fine if not better than WFC

The multiplayer looks too colourful and shiny but that's only because you can customise it to however u want it to look

Overall it looks more realistic than WFC