Did the new size classes kill anyone else interest in Prime toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jan 27, 2012.

?

How do you feel about the change in scale?

1. I'm all in! The more, the better, even if they are smaller/simpler.

21.8%
  2. Screw that noise! A "scout" sized "deluxe" is still a SCOUT!

20.5%
  3. I'll wait and see. Like everything else in life these could be crap, or they could be awesome.

44.9%
  4. New size classes?!?!

12.8%
  1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I would agree with you 100% if we hadn't already had a price increase not that long ago.
    Yeah, me too, but I don't think anyone would have picked "both" which it looks like we'll be getting.
    All I know is that the odds of me becoming an import-only collector went WAY up very recently. Waiting to see what TakaraTomy does with the decos.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Not really. What's killing my interest in the series is how the BETTER versions of some of the characters ended up being the versions in the poorly distributed FE line. I want my tranforming hand cannon CJ, damnit!

This has nothing to do with the actual topic, but this sentence made me think of this:
    Budget Cuts - Dilbert - YouTube

3. OMEGAB10

OMEGAB10 Active Member

you guys arent getting First editions? should be trickling in soon but not in large quantities

4. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

But if people just accept it and buy them as is, right now, will Hasbro really change the size again when "times are good"? I'm guessing no - if they see people willing to shell out the same cost for these smaller, cheaper figures, I doubt we'll ever see the old size again.

5. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

have you seen the fe bulkhead? the figure appears to actually use subspace!

now i know an accurate arcee in bolth modes would be difficult because of scale issues but really i was like wow! if this increase in price gives us more like this then take my money.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I was meh the Prime Toyline already. Some of the choices the show's writers made kind of Turned me off on it.

To me I see no good reason to change the names of the size classes. Hasbro if you have to change the size of the figure to meet the size class price point own up to it and we will be more likely to be okay with it then you trying to dance around the fact.

Also and this is kind of childish of me but I dislike them using Robots in Disguise as the name of the line. I realize with the name of the series they had to do something to avoid customer confusion and that Robots in Disguise was a tag line in G1 way before the series but since RID became a series name I feel it should be used for that alone.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The toys have been getting smaller for a while now, every since DOTM. It's just something we have to live with.

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    As long as Generations deluxes are still the same size, I don't care. But in general this downsizing gives me a bad feeling. I wouldn't buy them anymore, if they are not in scale with my other figures anymore.

9. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You don't really have a poll answer to the question in the negative. "Yes it killed my interest". They're all pretty much on the no side of the question.

10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    No, Prime toys killed my interest in the Prime line.

11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The new smaller sizes is definitely a burn imo, but at least it will be consistent throughout the line... unlike what happened with Movie toy collectors who suddenly had to deal with DOTM figures being shrunk down and not at all fitting in the way they should with their TF1 & ROTF figures.

But overall, my biggest problem with the Prime line is simply the shitty toys. The FE's were alright, but 90% of the RID figures we've seen so far are god awful. Hasbro isn't messing around this time - they are REALLY aiming the line straight at kiddy kids. I mean, noticeably more so than they have before.

12. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was never interested in Prime Figures.But this just ruins Everything about that series for me.

13. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

Does it really matter? They'll just be throwin' scales in anything but show-accurate ones. :lol 

14. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    even if the price of plastic is cheap, the operating costs surrounding production and distribution are only going up (gas!!!!) Paying your corporate offices hydro bill is still a factor in the cost of a product for a given company.

it also seems to me that the US has enjoyed cheaper prices overall in past years. I see everyone complaining about the new prices- in Canada DOTM voyagers retail at $30 whether at Walmart or TRU unless they are marked down or whatever. Canadian dollar isnt as good now but was fluctuating pretty close to US over the past year.

in other words, at least you guys got to enjoy cheap toys for this long.

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    What's killing my interest is how sub-par a lot of the RID figures look, especially compared to the FE figures.

16. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually I think you may be mixing the thread topic and the poll question.

The thread topic is poised negatively because it's me expressing my personal view, and asking your opinion on my point of view.

The actual poll question however is neutral.

How do you feel about the change in scale?

1) I'm all in! The more, the better, even if they are smaller/simpler.
    Positive

2)Screw that noise! A "scout" sized "deluxe" is still a SCOUT!
    Negative

3)I'll wait and see. Like everything else in life these could be crap, or they could be awesome.
    Undecided

4)New size classes?!?!
    Funny?

17. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... who says that? The high cost of third-party items is that they have to make tooling for figures that are getting a much smaller run with fewer resources than Hasbro/TT, not from the plastic itself.

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Correct. The cost is "higher for third parties" not "higher than it used to be." What does get tossed around as a justification for high prices is diecast metal... which is also cheap. -_-

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'll wait and see. That said, everything I've waited and seen of the RiD line so far has been crap. Except the Cyberverse figures.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I'm only getting one of each this time around, and am thankful for that fact. Only thing is, getting my hands on the 4 FE I want is gonna suuuuuuuuuck.