Did the movie succeed in making you want to buy the toys? (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Scrapper6, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Thread title says it all, if you haven't/hadn't already purchased a single RotF toy before seeing this movie would you have gone to a store and picked up some of them after getting out of your showing of the film?

This is NOT a discussion thread about how you hate/love/loathe what-have-you the movie, it is a question about the marketing aspect of the film and the characters that have toy representations.

To be honest, the film made me a little more interested in the toys, but now I'm a little unsure about picking up Skids and Mudflap. They may have been bad-a$$ Devastator wailing warriors, but their dialogue definitely made it difficult to see myself owning any interpretation of them outside of the Robot Heroes versions because they're packed in two-packs and I really have no choice.

On the flipside I WANT Hasbro to give us an Allice toy, even if all she is, is a Human Alliance companion for Sideways, I would definetly want to have her just because she is not only incredibly cool, but she has this appeal. There's no real backstory to her so I would love to see what Hasbro cooked up for any bios they might give her.

As for the other new characters, I can't wait to have an army of Decepticlones, Ravage is Da Bomb, and if they make any of those Insecticons/Mini-Spies then I would definitely pick them up, especially if the one Sam tore in half is actually named Waspinator. Totally classic.

Your thoughts?

2. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Voyager Megs is a must for since the movie.

But do have 4 deluxe already before seeing movie.

Do like wheelie more since seeing the movie.

3. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I've never been into the movie line toys. Though I may pick up a Prime and Jetfire to combine:thumbs2: 

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It might sell the individual Twins to me, but otherwise no.

I planed on buying most ROTF toys for what they are. That's why the two I do have aren't even in the movie.

5. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well-

A: I'm REALLY glad I picked up Sideswipe & Ravage now :) 
    B: I MUST have Soundwave
    C: I'm gonna get a Wheelie

however-

D: I feel a little cheated in my Sideways purchase, I was on the fence about the toy (red diaper-issues), and now that he's a "Hi and die" nobody, I've lost a lot of love for him.
    E: Probably won't pick up Jolt, and have lost a LOT of interest in the Constructicons and Tank-Megs
    F: I'm not sure I'd feel OK owning any version of Skids and Mudflap, not even using them as kitbash fodder

So as a toy commercial, for me, not exactly an unqualified success....

D/L

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Screw Human Alliance, I want an actual Pretender toy!! I thought she was badass and would love to have some crazy figure that can change from human to robot. She would probably have to be a brick, but I don't care.

7. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never before have I wanted a Prime so much.

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I already bought a few of the toys before the movie came out, the movie just makes me appreciate them a bit more

But I do kinda want the Fallen, Rampage, and the Arcee Sisters now.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I had a feeling I'd want Skids and Mudflap after the movie so I bought them prior to watching it thinking if I passed them up before the movie and ended up wanting them after I didn't want to face the possibility of them being hard to get later. I feel pretty good about my decision to buy them after seeing the flick

I do want the legends Wheelie now and I even considered grabbing Sideways but I'm gonna stick to my original plan and buy the repaint, Deadend.

I was hoping the movie would give me a reason to buy Jolt, which I consider a mess of a bot in toy form, but it failed there. I feel like Hasbro missed their opportunity to get kids to want to buy Jolt by giving him no characterization and a sedan alt mode that's somewhat boring. On the other hand if kids want to reenact the end where he brings Prime and Jetfire together that might give them a reason to have him in their collection.

I love Soundwave but the movie version isn't too appealing. After seeing the movie though I think I'm gonna try to get the blue repaint.

I would buy some of those tiny balls that turn into insecticons and the one Sam pulls the head off if they ever make them.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this ;) 

11. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah

12. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes I really wants the twins thanks to the movie.

13. manskymak

manskymak Member

I want to have op and jetfire to combin, also the bumblebee .

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I would have bought these ROTF movie toys even without the movie.

The toy threads here & youtube (p)reviews were actually the best ads
    for these toys.

So actually, I Love the toys & kinda dislike the movie.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was already going to buy the toys I thought were cool (already bought some before the movie)..to be honest, all the movie did was (since I didn't like it) make me secondguess that decision.

In the end though, they're still solid TF toys, so I think I will continue with the plan.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I bought Movie Sideswipe based on his design, long before I saw the movie. The design is simply too cool for words.

17. manskymak

manskymak Member

I find it in following website , you can try to see it .
    TF-Toys.com

18. Losty

Losty Well-Known Member

robot heros only for me

19. red4

red4 Banned

No. I was hoping it would, but it didn't. I'm buying the toys in spite of what the movie showed me. They stand well on their own. I bought the new Leader Optimus because I already loved him from the first movie. I like my TF1 Ironhide more because of his presence in ROTF, but I won't buy the ROTF Ironhide. Skids and Mudflap didn't impress me in the movie, but I like their toys; I've already got Skids, and I can't leave him unpaired. I did like their youthful horseplay, so I can just pretend my Skids and Mudflap don't swear every 15 seconds. The Fallen was underwhelming, but I know that he was originally created as the "Satan of the Transformers", so when I display him on my shelf, that's how I see him, rather than as the General Grievous-type character that he is in the movie.

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    I have bought all the Scouts, Fabs, Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders and Superion that came out so far. I am still looking for Scout Reverb, Human Alliance Bumblebee and Leader Jetfire.

I would like toys of :
    Deluxe Purple bike.
    Deluxe Dirge and Ramjet.
    Fabs should have all the characters : Wheelie, Chromia, Purple bike, Fallen, Soundwave, Ravage, Scorponok, all 7 Constructicons, yellow volvo excavator, Pretender Alice, Reedman, etc.
    Scouts for all the Kitchen robots.
    Leader Fallen.
    Voyager or Leader Soundwave.
    Devastator from 7 Scouts including Overload to complement Superion and Bruticus.
    Voyager yellow Rampage, Voyager Scrapper, Voyager Hightower, Voyager Overload.
    Scout Alice Pretender, Scout Reedman.