Did the greatness that is TF:A ruin the new movie for you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat. I mean, if I had to choose two TF series that were the most radicaly different from each other than to any other series, it would have to be Animated and Movie.

Plus my sadness at the cancelation of TF:A's cartoon is offset by the fact we're still gonna get the last Animated toys eventually, including the awesome Arcee.

2. Robticon

Robticon Out of the Game

I LOVED TF:A, but I still want the RoTF Toys. Oh well.'In a world of peaches, don't ask for applesauce'. What a ridiculous quote.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm put off by the ROTF toyline based on their design style and my lack of interest in toucking the first movie's toys I do have. It doesn't have anything to do with the Animated show ending. The Animated show has ended, not the Animated toy line. I still see deluxes, activators and voyager shelf space at Target.

Besides, more Animated toys are coming so I can hold off and look forward to those. It's not as it was during Beast Machines, when alternatives to the mainline were nonexistent. I'd have skipped that line too had I been able to collect something like Universe and/or Animated instead. Hell, I should have skipped the majority of Armada too, in favor of Alternators.

4. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

I was super bummed when they said the series wasn't coming back...but they could always resurrect it down the line, or do a comic book tie-in. I think the pain of losing tfa was eased by the fact that we will be getting all those great looking figures sometime in the future

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No because TFA looked like a 15 year olds fan fic and ROTF does not.

I cant say much on story content since writing for TV and writing for the big screen is different and their aimed at different age groups plus ROTF is not even out yet...

6. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Nope. I feel that TFA was great, but every once in a while, I like a good old fashioned summer flick. The toys also have their own nice feel to them. I'm happy that from July on, we won't be getting main line TF toys that are what we've come to expect from the line. Both styles are radically different, and I'm really happy about that.

Smokescreen. ;) 

7. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Animated didn't ruin anything for me, I'm looking forward to seeing ROTF in 2 weeks' time. :D  And Sideswipe is one of the best TFs I've brought in a while (since Ani Leader Bulkhead, in fact)

8. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah so.....

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    The opposite. The new movie will help me forget that TF:A ever happend.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

TF: A hasn't affected my enthusiasm for the new movie. If anything, Classics/Universe has. It just made me realize that, even though I liked the first movie and I'm excited for ROTF, the movie designs just aren't as "Transformers" to me as are the more traditional Transformers designs. I understand the reasoning behind the movie designs, but it just doesn't work for me as well as Classics/Universe does.

ROTF Leader Prime is sheer brilliance, though.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Nope. Not at all.

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I love Animated as much as the next fan, and it's what really got me back into Transformers once I left during Energon. I loved the first live action film, and I'm sure I'll love this one as much or more than the last. Animated was really great, but it hasn't ruined my enjoyment of the Movieverse.

13. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    no. bayverse got me into tfs.....

14. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

I got into Transformers with the first movie and bought a lot of the toys. Them animated came along. I like the cartoon, but didn't want to get into the toys.

Eventaully the temptation became too much to pass up. Animated is just so perfect, with so many homages and revamped characters. Every animated version of g1 characters are better than their movie counterparts IMO. I find it hard to look at movie Bee, Jazz and Ratchet for example now knowing that Animated got their characters and designs down so much better.

Now the new movie toys don't interest me, with the exception of leader Prime, he is awesome. Guys like Demolisher aren't helping, he looks like trash to me. What kind of a TF has no legs or hands? He looks more like a drone than a living mechanical being.

At the moment I am buying up everything animated I can find, and won't buy anything from the movie until I've seen the film. Who knows, after seeing the film I might want a lot of the toys but at the moment I really don't.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Ruin it? No.
    Take away some of it's awesome? Yes.

Animated was one of those things that started out on shaky ground, then found it's footing, and learned to run before it began to walk, and brought you along for the ride.

ROTF (and TF07 before it) is still learning how to walk. It's awesome, but not quite there, yet. For me.

Animated was expected to just be cartoony, goofy, and throwaway entertainment to help fill the void while we waited for a movie sequel. It ended up being one of the best, if not the best TF storyline yet.

Them's some big shoes to fill for ROTF. Can it do it? No. (The movieverse is aimed at the mindless masses. People like my cousin who drool at the visuals but don't give two shits beyond that.)

That doesn't mean it's any less enjoyable. I'm sure it's going to be a massive box office hit, the critics will probably find something to like about it, and it'll be fun, if nothing else.

Animated just made me see there's more to the story than just robots beating the hell out of each other, but it remained fun and you had a good time.

The movie's fun, a good time, and nothing beneath the surface.

16. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Nope.

17. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the first movie ruined this movie for me. But seriously yeah Animated was awesome.

18. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I have to say I hear you on this. I saw Devastator's big combination sequence at the Botcon Paramount Party and even with how fucking cool the effect was and how awesome a visual, I still had zero interest in the $90 Devastator toy.

19. porkimus

porkimus Well-Known Member

kinda. but i would still like to watch the movie.

20. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

It ruined it for me, Im still gonna think this is the greatest movie ever, but TFA was just plain awsum! Id be wayyy more excited, to the point of murder, if it wasnt for TFA