Did the greatness that is TF:A ruin the new movie for you?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As the title states.

I've been collecting TF's since the original release of BW. I lived through G1 but I was a kid so I wouldn't consider those figues as part of my collecting career. I thoroughly enjoyed collecting during the beast era and even RID (loved the moulds). Once A/E/C hit I still collected feverishly but more out of completeness than as a fan. Along comes TF:A.

After many many years of collecting but not enjoying it, it all came back in a rush. I was once again excited about a series and took total joy about collecting again. I wanted every figure on screen to be made into a toy. I wanted every figure made of this series, not because I wanted to complete a collection but because I wanted the figures.

With the end of TF:A I feel cheated out of a potential few dozen figures that could have and would have been made given the time. All and all this experience really left a bad flavor in my mouth. Or one that was so great nothing else compares.

All in all for the first time ever I have not collected a series right off the bat (TF:ROTF) and I know it has to do with losing Animated.

So my direct question. Who else is put off by ROTF because of what TF:A offered us?

2. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    I for one don't. I loved TFA the series, but the toys just didn't do much for me. I prefer the complex "busy" designs of the movie, but that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. asderiphel

asderiphel Severian's Understudy

I collected G1 as a kid and BW as a supplement to my Star Wars habit, so we're probably around the same age range. I got out of collecting around '01, and got back into TF when the excitement levels of the '07 movie were reaching their fever pitch. But the movie didn't appeal to me. It wasn't what I wanted out of my Transformers.

Since giving it a second chance, Animated has been nothing but pure joy. I enjoyed everything, bought all the figs, lauded it to anyone who would listen.

In a roundabout way, it's because of Animated I'm more at ease with the movie, and more open to giving the Bayverse a second chance. I don't expect the movie to be great (and if it is, yay), but since I've already seen great Transformer fiction this year, I can relax and watch the movie with less pent-up fan expectations.

4. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not at all.
    In fact having now got some of the ROTF figures I'd almost forgotten how nice it is to have lots of detail on toys after the relatively simple (but awesome) Animated designs.

I've been looking forward to the second movie stuff for a while now even though I have enjoyed Animated's toys immensely.

5. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Hell no the movie and toys are so much better then Animated.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I prefer Animated over whatever Bayverse has in RoTF.

7. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Another vote for Animated.
    If I want more detail I will buy classics...

There isnt one mold I am really wanting for ROTF, maybe whirl - and I already have blackout and evac!

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    nope. Animated is awesome, with its super accuracy and whatnot, but theres something about movie molds that i just love-the complexity and realism just blows me away. im psyched for Animated toys, but just as much so as the ROTF stuff

9. asderiphel

If you'll notice the navigation at the top of the page, click on 'Boards'. It will take you to a wide range of topics involving transformers. You'll see there's a section called 'Transformers Movie Discussion'. There are lots of people there who will agree with you.

Thanks for stopping by, though. It was insightful.

10. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF line of toys is one of the worst TF lines I've ever seen in my life....

I can't pick a single one I would like to own. THe first movie had some good ones but this one is just horrible....

11. Mr knightmare

Mr knightmare Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF line of toys is one of the worst TF lines I've ever seen in my life....

I can't pick a single one I would like to own. THe first movie had some good ones but this one is just horrible....

12. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

Having Animated canceled at first killed my fun feeling concerning Transformers. I knew there were some of the movie figures that I was going to get. But, with Animated gone I kind of felt I would just scale way way back. Even when I was feeling this way, I knew that wouldn't be the case when the ROTF stuff started hitting the shelves... and if that didn't get me, seeing the new movie would.

Animated definatly ended before it's time. There was so much potential both in the cartoon and toys yet to be tapped. The show was at it's highest point in what I wanted and expected to see with Transwarped. I so wanted the Rodimus and Char teams to become regulars on the show. I prefer lots of characters... and Animated always felt like to small a cast... and Transwarped to me was perfect. It would have been great if Animated could have been allowed to grow to this level. Reality is though that Animated is over and I love Transformers enough to stick with it.... because of all this creative energy surrounding Transformers... I keep falling in love again and again.

13. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er you got to like Prime at least, he is stunningly brilliant.

And then Sideswipe and Human Alliance Bumblebee are also right up there. Voyager Starscream is pretty cool to.

But I will concede on the rest. I think the issue for me is that there are a lot of toys that aren’t good enough in ROTF where as with Movie 1, although some of the toys were disappointing you only needed to buy a few to get the whole series, making it much more palatable.

14. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

You don't like Leader Optimus? I don't know how others feel, but I'm almost thinking it might be the best Prime ever made.

...or how about the three Human Alliance figures we've seen? Those are pretty cool.

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bayformers appeals to me in a very different way than Animated appeals to me, so to me the two coexist with each other just perfect. Just too bad Animated is gone now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

You know, a question was asked and he anwered. Just because you don't like that answer doesn't mean a darn thing. I've never cared for this, 'if you don't agree with us, you can leave' mentality.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I'm sure I will buy ROTF figures once I see the movie. But this is the first time ever I saw a new figure on the shelf that I need and walked away from it.

If the first movie is a sign all figures will be available for the next year and a half.

I think its the whole Animated thing and the knowledge that the movie figures won;t see out that has me waitin gon the figures.

I miss Animated and ALLLLL the potential toys not being made. Omega Supreme, The eventual Devistator and so many other greats.

18. asderiphel

Now that's funny. I believe the original poster went out of his way to not only gloss the question, but then belittle the original point. Hardly a response conducive to discussion, right?

If he wants to discuss things, I'll discuss things. If he wants to shout how awesome the movie is there is a place for that.

RANT: It seems to be a common occurrence whenever someone posts an intelligent conversation about Animated, some malcontent drops in to stir the pot. It makes it hard to have a reasonable discussion about Animated, in the ANIMATED FORUM, while there still is a forum. I directed him to where that line of reasoning would be appreciated.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    No.

Two greatly different series, barely or not even comparable. Love each equally.

20. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    I don't think TF:A Ruined the new movie for me. I try to keep an open mind and in this case a different take on Transformers. What I do expect of toys, action figures is that they are as closely accurate as they are with they on screen counterpart. Animated toys are very well done, as are the new movie figures. Optimus Prime in the movie is very well represented by the toy, more movie accurate. That's all I can ask for...