Did the ending feel to you like...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Putrecon, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

...it was going to have a Back To The Future style "coming up next time" bit? I'm not saying this is bad thing either...

It did to me, the way the battle seem to end quite abruptly, Megatron and Starscream sloped off and mumbled something about gathering the (hatchling?) Decepticon army...

Apologies to the mods if this should have been in the "I've seen ROTF" thread, totally understandable if you want to lock it.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    Yes. Kind of.

It did end quite abruptly but it didn't have a sense of incompleteness or anything that I felt at the end of the second Pirates of the Carribean movie.

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, of course when you're planning a trilogy you got to have "tracking points" for the sequel.

4. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    It absolutely did feel like that to me, especially in the way Megs and Starscream just shambled away, but I didn't even think it felt like a movie cliffhanger; it felt like a cartoon, an 80s cartoon, where the villains had just run off back to base to regroup for next Saturday morning's episode. Which, given the source material, I thought was really, really appropriate. I wish there was a new film out next week now...:p 

5. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

Yeah, that was brilliant the way they did that...

For extra comedy measure, if Chris Latta was alive they could have had Starscream say "COBR...I mean DECEPTICONS, RETREEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!"

6. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Yeah. Excited talking and then black screen literally screams "Tune in next time ... in 3 years."

7. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    when did they say anything about the hatchlings? the last i heard them say was starscream telling megatron that sometimes cowards get to survive? was there something after the credits?